Six: The Musical Piece

A/n: Hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you for checking up this book.

...

Arima Kousei POV:

Seto Hiroko closed the windows of my room to prevent water from getting in my room while it's pouring out harshly outside my room. I am in an inescapable agony right now. My chest is aching and I can't stop my tears from falling down my eyes. If I don't, I don't know what I will do to my painful emotions. It was all better for me to feel numb but the people around me were bringing me out of my shell. They were able to destroy the wall I made to numb myself. I don't want to feel this kind of endless pain.

Dr. Toyama and Dr. Mika made me go back to the past for five times in a row in a week. They made me repeat telling them what I witnessed when I was fifteen years old. I want to give up but they won't let me. It's torture to me when they force me to retell them the past. After they made me repeatedly telling them what happened to me at my house where I found my father died five years ago for five consecutive times in a week, they reported to Seto-san that they will still need me to talk to them until I tell them everything I know.

After I repeated what I saw years ago for so many times, they chose to already begin helping me delve into my subconscious and let go of the memories I had forgotten but were actually relevant to why the suspect of my father's death was chasing me.

They just finished the sixth session of therapy with them. Like all sessions, I was always left behind crying on my bed. "How long will I have to keep talking to them, Seto-san? It hurts terribly. I want the pain to stop."

Seto Hiroko closed the blinds of my room that night. "You only told them how you hate that your parents died early. Kousei, is there anything you know or what you saw that could be important why you are being chased?"

"I don't know. I never saw anything suspicious enough that could make me a target. I never saw someone get kidnapped or overhear dangerous information," I told her.

"Any memory you know that is important to you?" she asked me.

"Mom passed away. Dad passed away. Kaori passed away! I don't know anything else that could be important or significant for me. The only thing I know, mom began training me to play the piano exactly as how the composer intended it to be after she received a musical piece from an old, tall man who does have a scar on his cheeks," I told her. "She told me that I would be the only person who would be able to play it."

"Kousei, do you remember how old you were at the time you received it?" she asked me.

"Everything changed, especially with mom when I was seven years old," I told her. "She was already sick when I was seven years old. That is also the time she made me enter a lot of competitions."

She dried my tears. "Should I give you your antidepressants so you can sleep better?"

I nodded. After I drank my medicine, I just sat on my bed. I don't know what I'll do. I want to feel better already. They want me to feel better.

When will I feel better?

As I sit on my bed with my blankets on and listen to the drops of water outside my room, I slowly closed my eyelids to sleep. I hope when I wake up, I'm all better already.

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

After I put on the blankets back on him, I took off his eyeglasses. That was when I have noticed that he really isn't a boy anymore but a young man already. Even so, he's still acting like a fifteen years old boy. It's understandable as he was locked up in that age due to his trauma. His friends had matured already but he is the one left behind. My husband entered his room while I was cleaning his shaking hands. "Why do you keep taking care of that child?"