Nineteen: Blood is Thicker than Water

A/n: I hope you like this new chapter!!!❤❤❤

...

Miyazono Kaori POV:

The next day after Kousei informed us to rescue Okata Jun from the hands of Princess Ayami, I have already heard from his grandfather that he had already gone back home and resting already in his room.

"That's good to hear. I hope he does not try coming with us. He just got himself out of the hospital and he still has to keep drinking his anti-depression pills. He can't go with us and I hope he understands that" I told him.

"I'll do my best to hold him. Don't worry about that," he said to me. "Come back alive."

I smiled under my phone. "Thank you, sir and I will."

After the call, we finally began leaving the Army Headquarters of the JGSDF who were called to support the police who had already been inside the Imperial House.

Half of them we're also deployed to come to the Arima Mansion to protect Kousei if ever some of Princess Ayami's men go there to kill him.

We have also learned that the princess has had a deep hatred towards the Arima Family.

Princess Ayami had fallen in love with Arima Takahiko, Arima Kousei's father but his father still chose Arima Saki more than her. That prompted her to use Okata Jun to take his vengeance against everyone who hurt him. She also can't take the strangling rules of the Imperial Household.

She was in love with someone before, someone asked for her hand but she was afraid to say 'Yes' to him as she would lose her status as a princess if she marries a commoner. She had always felt envious towards the British Royal Family who had already broken a lot of traditions to conform in the fast-changing time.

As I can tell, the princess did really have her points about how bad her situation was as a Japanese Princess.

I can feel that she just wanted to be free from the restraints of the rules that the Royal Family suffers from.

...

We had to wear military clothes and protective gear before we enter the Imperial House already.

We were also given weapons to protect ourselves.

Upon the time that our fleet that consists of ten people, including me, and my friends enter the grounds of the palace, other soldiers followed already.

After we entered the main battle zone, that's when I saw a lot of men bleeding profusely and some have their necks cut off.

They do seem from the enemy's side and not from the Japanese Police but there are few people who were dying as well. Some were immediately taken by the medical team sent by Prime Minister Nakamichi to save the surviving soldiers and police inside.

As we have heard while we are planning the rescue mission, we learned from the police who were fighting non-stop against the Yakuza and terrorists that they really took Okata Jun with them but they bound him inside a room inside the Imperial Palace. They consider him a traitor. They might have already found out the truth about him.

With the help of the JGSDF, we were able to get in easily even if there were some terrorists who tried to stop us from entering the Palace.

Hours after we got in, we were surprised that we haven't been attacked by anyone anymore.

The battle was also immediately ended by the JGSDF team.

Captain Konno, a man with very small eyes, took out his radio and asked the other half of the team deployed to protect Kousei. "How are the Arimas? Almost everyone from Princess Ayami's Army around here was either dead or injured."