Fourteen: Like Father, Like Son

A/n: Forgive me if I had been in hiatus for so long!

...

Arima Kousei POV:

It had been a week already after I had woken up from my very long sleep.

Ever since I woke up, Seto Hiroko-san and Miyazono Kaori had always visited me ever since I was finally woken up from my depression. I still don't remember a lot of my memories when I was depressed but I couldn't remember why I am in the hospital, too, which truly saddens me. I only learned that I was attacked by my perpetrator who also killed my father when a police officer that was stationed outside my room told me about it.

I had heard from the two Japanese Secret agents that I had met my perpetrator before I ended up in the hospital.

If I had met him, it will be possible that I will remember how he looks like soon.

I sighed deeply.

I hope that I can remember my memories already.

I want to recover them and leave the hospital.

...

I was awakened in my hospital room when my door opened.

I sat down on my bed and stared at the people who entered my room. It was strange to me to see an old man who looked like my father was with Hiroko- san. 

"I'm glad that you are recovering," he spoke up. "It's been a long time we haven't met."

"Who---?" I asked.

He answered me immediately, "I am your grandfather. Forgive me if I wasn't able to save your father. It was also so wrong of me to have disowned your father for a few years. I am the chairman of a very huge group of companies and you are going to be my heir to it. I lost your father. I don't want to lose you, too."

I looked away and gripped my blanket. "Where were you all these years? Where were you when I lost my mother and father? Where were you when----" I stopped talking as my head hurt so painfully that I screamed, "PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!"

My head did hurt a lot that I held on it immediately. Tears were streaming down my eyes after I screamed at him.

"Call his doctors!" he screamed. "Kousei need immediate attention!"

As she's calling for my doctor, I remembered the reason why I'm in the hospital.

I went back home after so many years where I found a musical piece made for me to play but a shadowy man went in my piano room and pierced me in my stomach.

"Where were you when I was depressed?" I cried out to him.

He dried my tears. "I may be far from you but I was near you through Seto Hiroko. I have asked her to take care of you."

He hugged me while I keep on crying. "I'm sorry if I can't personally attend to you all these years."

At the time my doctor had arrived inside my room, she immediately administered an anti-pain medicine to me which alleviated the pain around my head.

"Where is the musical piece I took from home, doctor?" I asked her even if I am so out of breath. My eyes closed down after that.

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

"Musical piece?" Doctor Jane asked me. "What is he talking about?"

I was surprised by what she asked us. "Please don't tell anyone you heard it! That's classified information!"

I couldn't believe that Kousei recovered that memory now. I took a deep breath. If he is the only one who could read it and decode its message, he has to play it.