Nine: Broken Heart

A/n: Don't forget to vote and comment! Can you tell me how my book is now? Thank you! Who loves Evanescence too?

...

Seto Hiroko POV:

I almost fainted in shock when we found Kousei bleeding profusely inside the piano room with a sword thrust in his body. I fell on my knees after we found him in that state.

"Kousei!" I screamed.

I was about to take off the sword from him but Agent Yukauchi stopped me. "If you pull it out with immediate force, he'll die in your hands."

We looked around and all of us found out that the man who attacked him had left a message written on the wall which made me angry. It's written in blood that we know was from Kousei's.

THE LAMB'S SACRIFICE WON'T BE IN VAIN. A NEW ERA WILL SOON BEGIN IN HIS FUNERAL PYRE.

Agent Yukauchi checked Kousei immediately after he read it to know if he's still breathing and a pulse. He sighed in relief moments later. "He's still breathing but his pulse is faint. We have to be quick before he loses a lot more oxygen due to blood loss."

Like Kousei, we found Dr. Toyama unconscious but unlike Kousei, he's in better shape. When he woke up, he asked us, "Kousei! Where is Kousei?"

Doctor Mika replied to him, "Kousei's going to die if we don't hurry."

Agent Yukauchi didn't take off the sword in Kousei's body in one swift. He took it off carefully. After the sword was taken off, Kousei woke up a bit. He's bleeding faster now that the sword was removed. He began whimpering and crying. He tried to talk to me but he just vomited more blood. "Don't talk. Kousei, stay awake, okay? You can't leave us yet."

He cried bitterly and painfully on my chest. Since he's in an emergency situation, we didn't wait for an ambulance and we just took a car to get him in the hospital. He's getting so pale and cold after we brought him in the car and to maintain his body heat, I had to keep pressing his wounds using a towel.

...

When we arrived at the nearest hospital, the doctors didn't wait.

They immediately brought him to the operating room after seeing his grave situation and the emergency surgery lasted for five hours.

After that, a surgeon wearing his blue scrubs went out to report Kousei's situation and the result of the operation.

"The patient, Arima Kousei had severe blood loss. We gave him some blood bags we can find that is the same as his blood type. It's good that we have a lot of stocks of B+ blood type," he said to us. "We had to stitch a lot of his internal organs, especially his stomach which received the most blow of the cut. Luckily, it missed his spinal cord which I believe, the reason why he is still alive. The cut was made with a sword, isn't it? Was he attacked or was it an accident?"

"He was attacked," Agent Yukauchi answered him.

"Don't you think you have to call the police for this?" he asked us.

"The boy is in the custody of the Japanese Secret Service. I hope you take that information in utter secrecy that only his immediate doctors should know," Agent Yukauchi replied to him. "His situation is classified."

The doctor looked very much disappointed at Agent Yukauchi. I am dismayed, too that they weren't able to protect him. He knew at that time that they had failed at the job they were given.

"Is he okay now, doctor?" I asked him.

"No. He can still have internal bleedings and due to his current condition, he might receive more surgery. He'll be kept in thorough monitoring," he replied. "His body would need to recuperate, his immune system is down. We need to get him into a medically- induced coma as to let him recover with ease."