Three: Breaking The Gate

A/n: Don't forget to vote and comment! I do think most of the music I will put here will all be like soundtracks of this book.

...

Arima Kousei POV:

Seto Hiroko looked back at me while I am on my bed in her house. She also stared at the bread and milk that I haven't touched even for a bit.

I'm just on my bed.

Every morning when I wake up, I am riddled with lots of live nightmares that I can't help but scream for help.

I still keep on seeing the ghosts of my father and mother. They were both with me on my bed every night. I feel cold when their hands touch my cheeks and hands. At times, I feel like I am with them and I am in a big embrace of my mother.

Right now, it was just mom who's on the bed. She's holding me tight.

"Kousei, why aren't you touching your food?" she asked me.

I was about to answer when the ghost of my mother looked at me and closed my mouth. I can't speak.

She pinned me more in my bed. I couldn't move in any way. I tried to open my mouth to speak but I could feel that she's holding my wrists tight. I'm trying to release myself from her hold to talk to her. When I can't get out, I began screaming, "Let me go! Let me go, mom! Please leave me alone!"

"This is your punishment! It is I who killed your father! I won't let you out of the darkness! You refused me!!!" she shouted at me. "NOW KOUSEI, IT IS NOW YOUR TIME TO BE WITH ME FOREVER!!!"

I screamed again due to fear that she will drag me to death.

While I am screaming, I saw the ghost of my father as well.

He's standing at the edge of the balcony from my room.

He's asking me to come with him so I can escape mom's wrath.

I was able to release myself from my mother's hold, finally but I badly want to be with my father, too.

I know that Seto Hiroko was trying to talk to me but I can't hear her. I pushed her away from me.

I stood up from my bed and entered the balcony near my room.

I screamed to my father that I don't want him to leave me alone while I see my father's figure vanishing.

I tried to reach out to him.

I held on the edge of the balcony, stood on top of it and take his hand but I was stopped by someone I don't know.

I tried to get myself off them but someone injected something to me which calmed me down and made me stop moving at all. It also made me begin breathing heavily on the floor while tears fall on my eyes.

They brought me back on my bed and handcuffed me.

I could also see that someone I probably know before locked the door of the balcony.

I screamed at them, "My father is out there! Allow me to be with him! Please! Let me leave this dreadful place! He's calling me to come with him!"

Seto Hiroko held my clammy hands and spoke to me, "Kousei, forget them already. They're all gone! Release yourself from all of the illusion you have! I am sure that your parents won't want you suffering!"

She held on my hands tightly after that. I could feel the warmth in her hands.

"I saw him outside," I croaked. My tears left my eyes.