Chapter 10

-5 days later-

'can I come over?' -Crawfy. (Yes Crawfy. ya wanna fukin go?)

'Yeah.. whatever. 30 minutes.' -Myself

I shower and get dressed, just caring that I was clean.

"Crawford is here!" my mother yells. She was actually not that sad anymore. I go downstairs to see a smiling Crawford. We sit on the couch for a while, watching movies and he whispers

"Everything will be alright."

"What if everything isn't alright. I lost my sister."

He pauses the movie. "it will, it will blow over. I'm sad see-"

"It will blow over? This will NEVER blow over." I yell

"I think you are over reacting.." he covers his mouth like he didn't mean to say that.

"I'm over reacting? My sister just died! How do you expect me to react?!" I keep yelling.

"Listen! I didn't mean to say that. I'm just sorry. I don't like seeing you cry." Crawford tries to hug me.

"Crawford, get out." I push him away.

"But.. Ellie.." he frowns.

"Ellie what? Ellie feel worse!?" I roll my eyes

"No..."

"Crawford. I love you, your such a good friend and it stresses me saying this but get out!" I cross my arms.

"At least.. Tomorrow, could we hang out?" He asks.

"No."

"Please? It'll be fun. It's kind of a stress reliever." I raise my eyebrow.

"Really. Does it involve pushing you off a cliff?" I ask.

"It relates. But you could push me off a cliff if it means you forgive me." he cocks his head to the side.

"Yeah sure.. but where's Chris?"

"Can't tell you." He walks out, closing the door behind him. I don't know why, but I don't feel as sad about Amber dying. She was looking for a way out and she got it.

Anything

Anything that makes her happy.

***********

"Crawf! What the hell!?" I yell. We were at an actual cliff. With the water splashing against it. The waves weren't rapid so if we did fall in, we wouldn't die.

"Told you it was a cliff." He smirks.

"So if that's true. Can I still push you in?"

"If you intend coming in with me." we sit on the edge. It was pretty nice..

"I'm just afraid.." the words slip out of my mouth.

"Of?" He looks in my eyes.

"Of being more hurt than I am. I used to be depressed. It would hurt to look at my parents, they didn't care for me. Bullies were pretty bad. My mom is pregnant, my family can't handle another baby. I just lost Amber.." Words keep slipping. "Do you want to know what my note said?" I ask.

"It's none of my business. I'm still all ears, I want to be here for you." he looks towards the water.

"Spencer and Chris helped me out of my depression. Chris isn't here right now and Spencer..." I stopped talking.

"What did he do?" Crawf shoots his eyes to me.

"Never mind." I say.

We actually had fun. We jumped off the cliff and into the water. but then we went home because my mother told us to.

"You can still come inside." we go inside. We go into my room and we lay next to each other.

I prop myself up so one are is over him, laying on my elbow and my other elbow on the other side of him. So I'm like 50% on top of him. I gently peck his lips.

"You look completely clueless." Crawford rolls his eyes.

"What?" I rest my head on his chest.

"So you don't know that today is your birthday?" he raises his eyebrow.

"I haven't been keeping track. My birthday isn't that important."

"Yes it is." He smiles.

"Aaaaand I'm gonna make you go to a party. Ya know?" My eyes widen.