Chapter 3 -> Kasey/Lisa

It had been weeks, maybe a month or two, sense they left. All of that time being completely alone. The lonyness was getting to both Lisa and Kasey, they needed to find someone to interact with, and soon.

'Do you know where we are or where we are going?' Lisa asked.

'I think so, but don't blame me if I'm wrong. We have never been out here,' Kasey replied.

'Just try to find a place that will accept us, please,' Lisa pleaded.

'I'll try,' Kasey sent reassuringly to Lisa.

They had both been through a lot and Kasey knew why. But it was going to be hard on Lisa, when Kasey tells her, if she is the one to tell her. Kasey had been protecting Lisa ever sense their parents died. She had thought not telling Lisa would protect her, but it seems that it wouldn't have mattered. The only out comes to this were Lisa questioning why everyone hated her and people hating and beating her.

Kasey would tell her soon, let her absorb the information before going to a pack. With her mind made up, Kasey took off running in such of a days meal. Stumbling across a heard of beer proved to be helpful.

After downing a feisty young doe, Kasey feasted on it. It was the biggest meal she had downed sense they had left the pack. Energy restored, Kasey began the journey to find a suitable place to stay. The day was waning and fear was beginning to set in. Only a couple of days ago Kasey had ran across a group of rogues. She escaped but lost their supplies and a new found fear kept Kasey from straying to far into the night.

The sun was almost gone front sight when, finally, Kasey found a thicket to spend the night in. Tomorrow would be the day to find a pack. Kasey hadn't sensed a pack border for miles, but picked up on a small sign of one earlier in the day.

'Maybe they will take us in,' Kasey said, trying to get a rouse out of Lisa.

'Yeah, I, like you, sense something about this place. Although I don't understand why,' Lisa said, before curling up in the back of Kasey mind to sleep.

Kasey didn't respond, she knew what was ahead, if only a little. Their mate was part of the nearby pack, but there was a strong possibility that they could be killed entering the pack territory. But for now rest was what they both needed.

.

The night went by and the morning came, Kasey roused to Lisa thinking about their unknown future.

'Lisa....there is something I have to tell you...' Kasey said, hesitantly, questioning if now was a good time to tell her.

'Okay...tell me. It's not like our situation is going to get much worse,' Lisa said, reassuring Kasey.

'Okay. You know how everyone hated us in the Rivers pack.. well I know why they hate us,' Kasey paused, then continued, 'We are a hybrid. Our mother was werewolf and our father was a vampire, but we take more after our mother. They kept their mating a secret as long as they could. Then we were born. They were overjoyed, but someone found out about them and killed them when we were very little.'

'Okay..' Lisa hesitated. 'At least I have some answers. And it explains a lot,' she replied, her voice cracking, with the threat of tears.

'You had to know. I couldn't keep the secret forever,' Kasey said, trying to reassure Lisa that knowing was for the best. 'I'll give you a few days to deliberate on what I have told you, then we can go to a pack. And I also give you a warning, the Rivers pack alpha will stop at nothing to get us back or kill us, and many vampires from our father's coven are looking for us too.'

Lisa was silent, and stayed that way for the day, only making a comment on something small, mostly to herself.

.