Chapter 30

*Lisa's POV*

Movement caught my attention. It was a good mile or so away from me but headed in my direction. Curiosity got the better of me and I found myself raising toward the unknown person. I got close enough to catch it's sent.

' Ugh, cat-shifter. Why couldn't it be something else?' Kasey whined.

I tried my best to ignore her. The cat was a male and from his smell mated to a human. No other people where around so I know he was out here alone. I shifted and got dressed. Just as he came upon my sent.

"Ugh. Wolves are about," he said.

"We're not as bad as you think you know," I called out, keeping my distance from him.

Cats could fight just as dirty as a wolf. So I have a good reason to keep my distance. A claw to the face doesn't sound like fun to me.

"Well, if your bold enough to talk, come out," he called.

I walked out in front of him, it made me less likely to get clawed. The man was wearing all black and had light brown hair. He looked to be in his twenties, but we age slower than humans.

"I came to see who was out hear. Since you caught my attention. A fight is not something I plan on engaging in with you. Plus you have a mate to worry about," I said as I turned to leave.

He growled stoping me. I turned back to him. He looked more like a cat in the face that a man know.

"Hey, keep calm. I mean no harm. I've got my own problems to deal with any way. And I know it's hard to protect your mate," I tuned, again.

I was on my third steep when a hand clamped down on my right shoulder.

"Why are you out here?" he asked sounding a little calmer.

"Just passing through," I said.

"Sounds unlikely. Where is your pack?"

"Headed home like me. I'm ahead of them."

"Don't come around here again or you might be in some trouble next time."

He let go of my shoulder and walked off. I shifted back and ran the rest of the way home beating the others. I was greeted by Katie.

"Hey Katie, no time to talk right now I'm in a rush," I said and I practically run up the stairs to get to Axle's room.

I sat my stuff down on the bed and ran back out of the pack house. I shifted and made a dead run to the North. I would avenge my best friend. I pushed myself, hard, and made it to the edge of the Rivers pack in five hours. The pack seemed bearon, no one was outside and the place looked deserted.

I walked around the pack's border for five hours and discovered many people where still here, in the town. As it so happens the Alpha was headed my way. I moved out of his way quietly to were the wind blew my sent away from him. That didn't stop him from stopping, crossing my sent on the ground. He stopped and growled to the wolf next to him.

They began to run my way. I ran behind the nearest tree, shifted, and got dressed quickly. I sensed Axle coming in the distance.

' You finally decide to show up,' I said through the mind link.

' Not all of us are as fast as you, sweetheart,' he said.

"You guys miss my?" I asked when they stopped in front of me.

The Alpha ran behind the tree and the beta stayed in front of me. I heard bones breaking, and shortly after the Alpha was back in just a pair of blue jeans.