Chapter 29

*Lisa's POV*

I got up off the ground and looked at the wolves from my old pack. The largest was a gray male, one of the other two was a tan female, and the last one was a black male.

' Yeah! I get to have some fun, and impress Derrick,' Kasey said excitedly.

' Yeah. You get to have your fun,' I said letting her have it.

I ran quickly behind the closest tree, stripped, shifted and ran out in time to stop the black wolf from jumping on top of Axle. I jumped on him and clamped my jaws around his neck. He whimpered at the pain. I swiftly ended his misery, with a quick snap of the neck.

I looked up at Axle who seemed to be frozen. I pretty sure that he wasn't expecting that. I jerked my head toward the trees, silently telling him to shift. Axle snapped out of it and nodded at me.

The two wolves left were walking around my pack members that were here. I swiftly and efficiently ran behind the tan wolf and tackled her down. She snarled and snapped at me, struggling to get out from under me. I kept her pinned under me and listen to Axle gather up the other one.

' Axle. Don't harm her. I know her. She's a good girl, just seventeen,' I said through the mind link.

' Why are being so nice to them!? They could have you or any of us,' Derrick demanded.

' Wooowww... slow down Derrick. Lisa's right, Kendra is a sweet girl. She was just following orders. Plus, I have a strange feeling about her. The feeling isn't bad, it's just a feeling like she is meant to do something,' Kasey said trying to calm Derrick, a bit.

I cut him out and looked down to Kendra. I leaned in and nuzzled her muzzle. She whined, in response. I gave her a look that meant go shift back. I got off her and looked over at Axle. He had shifted back after I tuned him out. I turned back to Kendra. She was up and I followed her behind a pair tree.

I shifted back and quickly got dressed. I met her in front of the trees. She ran to me and pulled me into a tight hug. I embraced her back.

"Why did they send you out here?" I asked her.

"The whole pack is looking for you. It turns out that you were basically holding the whole pack together," she said.

"Have you heard anything about Sam?"

"Oh, Lisa," Kendra break down in tears," She was killed when she stood up for you after you left. Katelyn, she did it. She ripped her throat out."

I was boiling. They killed her. They killed her! Oh, they are going to pay, big-time! I let Kendra go and look over at Axle.

' I'm going to get my stuff. I'm going with you, but after I get to the pack house I'm leaving to avenge my friend,' I practically growled out I was so mad.

' Your not doing that with out my help,' Axle said.

We'll see about that. I looked back down at Kendra.

"Hey. You need to let me go. I have to get my stuff then we are leaving," I said.

She let me go, but followed me to Marcus's house. He was at the door when we got there.

"So you going with them?" he asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll come visit from time to time."

He let me in and I quickly gathered my stuff. Everyone else was keeping a good distance away from us. I walked out and hugged Marcus goodbye and walked toward Axle. His brows were furrowed.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

He nodded and motioned for the everyone to go shift. Everyone did so except me. With what I gathered in the passed two days, I could keep up with them without changing. If I did change, and actually run I would out run them all.

' Shift. You won't be able to keep up,' Axle said as he appeared in front of me.

"I can keep up. If I did truly run in, while shifted you wouldn't be able to keep up, but if you insist," I said.

I quickly striped, shifted, and grabbed my bag.

' Happy?'

I didn't wait for him to answer. I took off headed for home. I left the others behind me so once I got to the pack house, I could leave quickly and avenge me greatest friend. The forest was quiet, so it isn't surprising when I was half way to the pack house movement caught my attention.