Chapter 9

*Lisa's POV*

' Axle and Derrick can protect themselves and us. You need to accept that and start thinking about the future in a positive way,' Kasey said.

I knew she was already falling for Derrick and that he was falling for her, but I couldn't give Axle my love. I was to scared that if my old pack found out I had a mate they would use him to hurt me more when they find me.

Axle led me back into the pack house and up to his room. The clock in there showed that it was close to eight o'clock. I used my free had to rub my eye as I yawned. Even thought I had just slept a few hours ago I was exhausted.

I went to the bathroom to find some clothes for me to sleep in. I put on the multi colored pajamas and rinsed my mouth out. I came out of the bathroom to see Axle in a pair of navy pajama pants.

"Come on you need to sleep," Axle said as he gently pulled me down onto the bed with him.

Axle wrapped his arms around my waist after I laid down and pulled me closer to him. I turned so I was facing him and snuggled my face into him chest and breathed in his scent as I drifted off to sleep.

-beginning of dream-

I was in my old pack school and all of the halls were empty. I had books in my hands so I headed toward my locker to put them away.

I had just reached my locker when I heard foot steps and two faint sense coming up behind me. I turned and saw Katelyn holding Sam with a knife up to her throat. I stood there frozen, I wanted to help my friend, but I also didn't want her to die.

'You did this if you would have stayed I wouldn't have been beaten or killed,' Sam said right before Katelyn slit her throat.

I stayed froze with horror, Katelyn just killed my friend.

'Look at what you have done Lisa. If you didn't run off she wouldn't have be killed. It's all your fault,' Katelyn said as she started to walk in a circle around me.

'If I didn't leave I wouldn't have gotten to find my mate or start a new life for myself with him,' I said.

'Oh, really let's see what he has to say about that,' she said and she turned around to look behind her.

Axle came walking around a corner in the hallway. I gasped and stepped back.

'Lisa if you really thought I had feelings for you then you got the message all wrong. Your a pathetic excuse for a mate. So I, Alpha Axle Black reject you, Lisa Anderson, as my mate,' Axle said standing beside Katelyn.

I started to cry and fell to my knees.

-end of dream-

I jerked up to a sitting position with tires streaming down my face. Thank the Goddess, it was just a really bad dream.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Axle asked in a low husky voice.

Apparently I woke him when I woke. I looked over at the clock to find that it is just about midnight. I wiped most of the tires off my face and snuggle my face into Axle's chest.

He must have felt the few tears that I missed and asked,"Sweetheart, why are you crying?"