Chapter 16

*Lisa's POV*

Axle has been asleep for an hour now, so it's around and I'm getting ready to leave. I packed my bag like I did on my last day of school. I wrote a note to Axle so he knows I wasn't taken and that I'm sorry that I had to do this. Kasey refused to talk to me, at all. I quietly and quickly walked down the stairs and out the door of the pack house.

I took off my clothes and put them in my bag then I masked my sent, on me and my bag. Then I shifted and headed off toward the east, not really knowing where I was going. I ran and ran until I hit a really thick part of the forest.

' This must be the dark forest. What do you think, Kasey?' I asked.

' How should I know,' she snapped.

I cringed at the way she said that. I stayed silent and walked into the forest. I kept on walking until I found a thinner spot and took my bag off, then curled up and tried to get some sleep. I kept waking up not used to seeping alone anymore. I finally fell into a deep sleep and slept until that morning.

I took a look around me to get a view of where I might be. Not having any luck I picked up my backpack and walked beeper into the forest. You would think there would be activity in the forest, but here except for some birds, every now and then, there was nothing.

' Kasey, do you have any idea why there wouldn't be a sound around?' I asked trying to get her to talk to me.

' I don't know!' Kasey howled in my head, obviously wanting to be left a lone.

I sighed and continued on. I was now deep in the forest when a breeze blow through. I smelled nothing on the breeze. Then I got to thinking, I'm deep in the forest, how could a breeze blow through the trees down here? It's so thick, there must be someone that produced the breeze.

I lifted my ears up to catch any sound possible and I lifted my noise up in the air. Then I felt the presents of another being. In the I was no slouch in any department, but I heard nothing at all. Then I heard a sound, I was a person so I showed no signs that I heard them.

"Looks like I'm going to have some fun. A wolf is always good to play around with. Hang on that isn't just any wolf that's a were," the man said, he had a spanish accent, but it was hard to pick up because he was so far off.

I pretended that I couldn't hear him, and laid down by a big live oak tree. I head the man as he made a circle around me some distance off. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep and waited for the man to get closer. Form what I all ready knew I figured the man was either a demon, wizard, fairy, or angel. Kasey still refused to talk to me but she couldn't hide that she was a little excited, she was wanting out to take out her frustration on something.