Chapter 19

*Marcus's POV*

I was walking about the dark forest to take a break from tending to the orchard. I was walking, playing around with the breeze, and I happen upon the set of a wolf.

"Looks like I'm going to have some fun. A wolf is always fun to play with," I stopped and smelled again and added,"Hang on that isn't just any wolf that's a were."

I walked towards the smell. I kept back a good mile or mile and a half. The were was red with patches of white on the paws, stomach, and a little around it's mouth. It was unlike any other were I've ever seen. I saw the were listening and smelling the air to see if anything was around. I made a breeze to blow my scent away from the direction of the were.

The were couldn't hear me and took off the pack that was on it's back and laid down beside a live oak. I saw it close it's eyes and seen its creating slow, a sure sign it was asleep. I moved in circles around it and moved closer to it with each round. I moved quietly around and around the were. Until I could almost touch it if I reach out.

"It looks like I'm going to have some fun," I stated again standing behind the were.

I moved around it until I was in front of the best. The thing had to stand about five ten of six feet tall, it had to about four feet long. All of a sudden the beast jumped up on top of me.

"Well, well, well. Aren't you the smart one, señor," I said with a grin on my face.

The beast snarled at me and didn't move off of me.

"Why don't you change then we can talk. I have some questions to ask you," I said.

It growled, but got off of me and grabbed it's bag. The beast went behind the tree.

"What do you want with me?" a woman's voice asked.

A woman in a blue t-shirt, jeans, tennis-shoes, and her long, red hair was up in a long braid. She looked at me taking what I looked like into note. I stepped closer to her and she growled a warning at me. Telling me to keep my distance.

"Well, that was unexpected," I said to break the silence.

I looked straight into her green eyes. I might be a demon, but I was not prepared for what happen next. The woman doubled over then fell to the ground. She screamed out in pain. From what I could tell the pain was in her ribs and lower. I ran over to her and picked her up off the ground. I decided to bring her to the orchard so I ran to get there. It's a good thing we were close to it.

"We have arrived, señorita. You won't be in pain for long," I said walking into my house.

She whimpered in my arms. She was crying from the pain she was in.

"Tell be over soon, señora. I'll make the pain stop," I said.

I laid her down on my bed then went to my kitchen to get something to make the pain stop. I knew what to do so I got the mixture, and put it in a needle to make it easier for her to take. I went back to my room and she was curled up in a fetal position.

I carefully uncurled her and injected her with the mixture. From what it looked like the pain was slowly going away. When she finally relaxed, I saw her move her eyelids move as she started to open them.