Chapter 21

I was sitting in this new room with all this technology, my technology. I still couldn't believe that he spent money on me. HIM.
The man that infuriates my being. The man who acts like a complete dick.

Maybe I misjudged him and he's just misunderstood. I don't know anything about him besides that he's rich and his name is Joseph Starling. I don't even know if that his real name.

I'm really some mother, huh? Trusting your son with a man that u don't even know. Letting him do the things for your son that you supposed to do.

That ache feeling was beginning in my chest. I closed my eyes and  inhale then exhale and shook the thoughts out of my head. My brains just in overload from these so called feelings that possibly developing for that mysterious, egotistical, prick down the hall.

Maybe I should let him ta-

Two knocks echoed through the room and echoed through my thoughts.

"Yes!?" I semi yelled allowing however to enter.

The knob turned and in walked the cloud occupying my brain. That one cloud causing thunderstorms and stirring up hormones causing floods in places that shouldn't be flooded by a stranger.

"Dinner is in 20 minutes." His mutual fave only brought another way of scatter storms to my mind.

I nodded and avoided making eye contact.

He stayed in the door way just staring and I stayed put on the bed looking at the floor waiting for his presence to vanish and for him to closed the door that he opened for new feelings to surface becoming a virus.

Once I heard the door softly closed I went and looked for my son who I've haven't seen in about 20 minutes. He's never too quiet.

Me walking this castle might distract me.

I searched every room and even looked outside. For some odd reason I wasn't worried. I didn't have any gut feeling that something was wrong but I had a feeling that he was here and safe. All that searching had me thirsty.

I found myself waking to the kitchen. As soon as I was about to walk in I heard Chance giggle.

"Mr.Joe do you like my mommy." I peaked around the wall to see Chance curls everywhere and Joseph y'all figure over by the stove.

I squinted my eyes and saw that both of them had what seemed to be powder, mostly likely flour, all over themselves.

A smile graced my lips what am I getting myself into with these two.

It's crazy that this man still shocks me. He's like a book with no valuable cover and blank pages. You can make slight judgement before reading but nothing you think of will never be close to being true. Every time you think of a new thesis of him he will do something completely different that will have you changing your whole thought process. Then when he open up to you he will do an action that will contradict everything. You wouldn't be able to read him if he was wide open.

And it's driving me insane.

I figured that I tired myself enough to go lay down and rest until dinner or at least freshen up.

I soon found myself planted on the bed fiddling with the my phone and decided to text Ace and let him no that this was my new number.

Right when I pressed send I heard little feet in a fast pace coming down the hall.

"Maaaa." Chance voice carried threw the hall.

I open the door and peeked my head out.

"Chance no running or screaming in other people's home." His face was kinda shocked. I'm guessing it was more because he didn't know where I was.