Chapter 19

Breathless

That's what I was breathless.

He stared down at me with his jaw clenched.

I was kinda confused, kinda turned on, and kinda angry. Confused because Joe is so fucking bipolar, but in the mist of his anger he managed to have this sex appeal that had me feenin'.

His grip on me tighten and circled his arm around me pulling me closer.

"Joseph." I softly said.

He mumbled a yes before he buried his face in my neck. I gasp when he started to suck on my spot right under my jaw.

"Mommy." I quickly pushed Joe off me and causing him to stumble back.

"Yea baby?" I went to him quickly and picked him up walking past Joe without sparing him a glance.

"Joe likes you mommy." Chance eyes beam at me then they drifted to something behind me.

Then I felt him before I saw him.

"Oh what makes you say that?"
"Because he's always staring at you." He said like it was the most obvious.

I knew that he was indeed looking. I can feel it when he does almost like it's penetrating me .
I forgot how observant Chance was. One of the traits of Alex. It pains me how much Chance is so much like Alex but if it wasn't for Alex I wouldn't have Chance.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard two voices. One sounded angry and the other sounded irritated but still calm.

I glance at Chance.
"Chance stay here and don't leave." I said sternly.

I quickly walked into the living room nervous and anxious because I know Joe had a temper and that voice sounded familiar. So if it is who I think it is we might have a problem.

Alex was standing in the door looking furious.

FUCK ME!

Now knowing who it was I slowly walked to them and made my presence be known.
"Rose who the fuck is the man and where the fuck is my son!" Alex was yelling over Joe because Joe hadn't let him come in.

I looked at Joe and then looked the kitchen then back to Joe. He seemed to get the memo because he left and when to the kitchen with Chance.

I turn back to Alex and too a breath.
"Alex what do you want."

"I wanted to spend time with you and my son." He had hope in his eyes. Then he looked me up and down and he slightly bit his lip. The movement had been small. The only reason I noticed it was because of our history. He always did that.

Before I knew it my eyes rolled.
"What exactly are your trying to spend time with me for?" This situation was giving me a feeling in my gut that I didn't like.

"I want us to be a family again." Alex said sincerely. I saw his face twist into his famous mug.

Confused but then I knew why as Joe suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist.

I was about to move them off me but then something clicked. I pushed myself farther into Joe. I could feel his friend on me.

I could tell it took him by surprise because he almost lost his footing from my sudden movements.

Alex face scrunched up even more.
"You chose his bitch ass over me."