Chapter 12

Later that night Ace booked my ticket for the next morning. Now I just had to find away to leave without Buffy, Greg, and most importantly Joseph knowing.

I was a nervous mess. I didn't have to worry about packing clothes or nothing because most of my clothes are with my Aunt.

I was really anxious because if Joe finds out he might try to stop me from leaving or ask me where I'm going and why. Plus I don't want him in my personal life so I'd rather not mention anything to him. I was afraid of his reaction with the situation. His reactions are so bold and raw yet mysterious and hidden. Sometimes he mistakenly lets me see his emotions but most of the time it's masked by his poker face. It completely drives my insane.

I was standing by the window waiting on the signal. My biggest problem so far was leaving this damn house. I don't have a car or anything, and I don't really know my way back to the city. I just no that I can't risk Greg and Buffy jobs for me but if I have no other choice I will. My son comes before all, including myself.

I'm completing my last year of college just for him. He just got to wait a little bit longer for me to graduate to get my degree and find a job than we'll be all good. Though, finding a job based off my career shouldn't be a problem because of the couple of friends I made during college. My baby has yet to comprehend that the only reason he's living with Aunt Kas is because I couldn't financially support both us right now because I definitely didn't want him in the environment I was in when I was living in my own apartment. He didn't know that this is only temporary. Plus I had classess and two jobs and I was scared I couldn't give him the care that he needed and deserve. Then again there's no excuses when becoming a mother and for that I'm highly ashamed of. So I let him stay with the woman that took care of me when I was younger. The same women who was there for me all through my rough child hood.

I made sure to visit and call any chance I could. I manage to make every birthday, holiday, summer breaks I had,and etc.

I'm trying to do the best I can with being a mother. I'm not pretty good at it but I'm trying and right now he needs me so I'm coming.

So here I am now waiting. Standing infront of the window watching for the slightest of movements.

I watched a car pass by the house through the trees and I saw the headlights flicker as it pass but I knew it was still there. I quietly opened my windows and climbed out.

Joseph wasn't home yet so that was one less thing to worry about, I guess. I just got to pass through all of his guards and his cameras. I ran as fast as I could to the gate and then started to climb. I reached the top and jumped into the hands of my bestfriend, Ace. He carefully put me on the ground before running to his side of the car. He pulled off before I could close my door.

He then stepped on the gas flying out of the isolated area back into the compacted city. He ran every light.

I was getting eagered and anxious from my plane leaving in 10 mins, Joseph found out that I was gone, and that we might die in this car if Ace is not careful. I said I quiet and quick prayer and we made it, luckily.

"I'm still alive all in one piece." I mumble to myself.
"Hey, you told me to get here and I got you here in time." Ace said chuckling at me.

We ran inside the packed airport. I got hot instantly from all the body heat.

When they did the last call to load the plane I quickly hugged Ace and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you." I mumbled.
"Hey, you know I got you. I'm always here." He said with s genuine smile.
"Call me when you make it and keep me updated please." He yelled to me as I walked off.
"I sure will." I yelled back before sprinting to get on the plane.

Once I got to my seat and sat down. I sighed in relief. Now my other worries are kicking in.

I wasn't there for him when he needed me.

That was my final thought before I fell alseep with tears in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey."
"Wake up sweety."

I opened my eyes to see a blue eyed old white lady. Her white hair flowed past her shoulders beautifully.
"They plane has landed." She said.
"Thank you." I said smiling at her.

I got up and stretched. I look around and picked the few belongings I had with me and made my way into the crowded airport. I then walked out of the airport waiting on my one bag. I shivered slightly from the wind. It was getting a little chilly out.

I quickly called a cab and headed to see my baby.

20 mins. I pulled up infront of the house with so many memories. The town it self reminded me why I left and to make a better life for me and my son. I walked to the porch. I was staring at the door. I lightly knocked. A couple seconds later.
The door opens slightly . I was expecting to see Aunt Kas but that wasn't the case.

"MOMMY!" He said running and jumped into my arms. I squeezed him tight.

"Hey baby, I missed you too." I told him softly.