Chapter 17

Later that day I decided to take Chance to the beach.

Which was perfect timing. The weather was amazing it was a beautiful day. The sun kissed the water ever so lightly.

The sky sighed happily watching the clouds cuddle. I couldn't wait for the sand to hug our feet. Almost like it was scared to let us go.

How else to spend the day with my little munchkin. He couldn't be still or stop smiling.
He was so excited.

That's when I realized that I lived for moments like these.
The moments when he is genuinely happy.

When we got there he jumped out of my arms and ran into the sand.

Once he looked up and saw that I wasn't moving as fast as he wanted me too. He ran back to me and started to drag me.

"Mommy you walk too slow you gotta hurry."
"Mommy is sorry." I said smiling.

I laughed then picked him up while running until we got into the water. It was so clear and such an amazing azure color that you could look at your feet in the squishy wet sand.

I put Chance in the water and let him stand up.

"Ew, it down feel right." He scrunched up his faced while trying to get back in my arms.

I moved back and splashed him with water.
I stuck my tongue out and smiled.

Chance started to splash me back with no remorse.

I did the same to him . So we stood there having a splash contest filled with our laughter and some of Chance screams.

I felt something land on my foot. I jumped while still splashing water. Then I lost my footing and fell in the water. He jumped on me and laughed.

"I win. I win. I WIN!" He yelled.

"Okay okay you win baby." I told him.

"I know mom." I rolled my eyes playfully at his antics before my smile crawled back on my face.

We played in the water for another 30 mins until Chance got tired of it and wanted to find seashells.
Once he was satisfied with all the shells he discovered we sat on the towels that I brought and ate our snacks while watching the sunset.

"Mommy the sky is so pretty just like you."

I smiled and and tickled him.

"Well if I'm the sky then you're the sun." His goofy smile took over his face.
"Your brightness overrule my darkness. My little sunshine." I caressed his face.

He jumped up.
"That's mean I'm big and hot." He looked back at me.

"Yea that means your big and hot just like a star." His eyes twinkled in delight.

I stood up and he ran to me. As soon as he was in front of me I took him and lifted him into the air.

"Come it's gonna get dark soon. Let's get home. Do you want some brownies?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yes yes yes yes yes yes."

________________________________