Chapter 16

His heavy breathing was heard through the phone.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest.
My finger tips shook furiously.

My mind was calm but disturbed like a rain drop hitting the surface of water. Anxiety rippled throughout my body.

Then, I was calm again.

Silence filling the phone line. His uneven breathing made from anger triggered an emotion that was distasteful within me.

"Got it." A voice in the background said.

"See you soon Bella." His voice was the definition of satisfaction and victory.

I then heard a click and looked at the phone dumbfounded at what just took place.

See you soon Bella

What does that even mean. How soon was he talking. Who the fuck is BELLA!

An unnerving feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. My gut was screaming at me to leave asap.

Where would I go?
How long will I be gone.

Knowing Joseph he probably have many connections. And that person that said "got it" probably got my location.

I need to leave soon as in now.

"Chance." I called to him. Currently sitting on the floor playing with his cars.

I walked in his room and grabbed a bag from his closet and started putting clothes in there.

"Your leaving." Mama said from behind me.

"Uh yea. I was thinking about taking Chance to the beach with me for a day or two. We was just going to stay at the beach house." It wasn't a lie. I actually was thinking about taking him to the beach house and going to the beach but not this soon. Joseph just sped up the process.

"Oh here's your phone I forgot I had it." I handed her phone while she looked at me skeptical.

Quickly fixing her facial expressions she went back to her normal look of genuine happiness and contentment.

"The keys to the house is in the kitchen draw where they always are. You can take my car since your Uncle is here." By the look in her eyes and her voice she knew something was up. I could tell, but there was no way I'm telling her what's going on just yet.

"Okay, thanks ma. I love you." I said while kissing her on her cheek.

I zipped Chance bag up.

"Are you going to give aunt Kas a big sloppy kiss before we leave?" I asked him while he was still playing with his cars.

He then got up and ran to her. She picked him up and spin him around before he gave her a big kiss on her cheek.

I laughed at how cute they were.
My my my, what would I do without that woman right there?

Putting Chance down and put her attention back on me.

"Here." She dug in her pocket and took out her car keys and handed it to me.

I thanked her again and watch Chance put on his shoes before jumping to his feet and running to me.