Chapter 14

I hate long author notes so umm..... I've been busy. Enjoy!?

Chance was happily skipping down the sidewalk showing me all the cool tricks he learned how to do.

I smiled eagerly down at him. My eyes glossed over with adoration and love. I felt at ease with his happiness gleaming out of him.

He looked up at me as the wind blew his curls everywhere. He poked his bottom lip out before running towards me. I scooped him up and he laid his head on my shoulder.

I walked a steady pace to the ice cream shop enjoying the moment we were having.

A goofy smile found its way on my lips as I thought about how weird we were to walk to the ice cream shop in this weather. I wrapped my arms around him tighter knowing that he got his weirdness from me.

He is my weird baby and know one can take that away from me.

"Mommy." He said softly in my ear.
"Yes munchkin?"
"I love you." He said even softer.
My eyes watered slightly.
"I love you too, so so very much." I softly said to him.

The cold air was replaced with a warmer one as we made our way into the shop. He was still in my arms before he saw all the ice cream and went ballistic.

A whole hearted laughed escaped my lips watching him. The employee was moving quick keeping up with his order.

"Mommy what do you want?" He asked innocent.
"Oh I'm fine baby. You have at it." I smiled at him.

He ran to the glass and put his face in it and watched his ice cream get scooped.

"Can you put a top over it. " I asked looking over at Chance who was making funny faces at a baby. My heart warmed when the precious baby girl laughed making chance laugh with her.

He'll be a great big brother, but I'm not getting pregnant no time soon.

"Chance." I called out to him while taking his.
"Come on let's go home." I said.
"But I-I don't wanna." He was so adorable when he pouted.

"So you don't wanna watch our favorite movie with me." Faking like I was hurt.

"No no mommy don't be sad. Come on let's go home." He said taking my hand and trying to drag me.

"Okay I'm coming." I softly.

He was skipping down the sidewalk and singing a song that his school taught him.

I joined in which made him smile at me. We started to sing louder than before and people started to look at us some were laughing others were cringing.

"Chance watch were your going." I said sternly it it was too late he had already ran into the the lady.

"I'm sowwie Ms.Lady." Chance looked at the woman with his big douhy eyes and have her a small smile.

She looked down at him and scowled before walking away with an attitude.

"She needs to keep that animal on a leash." She mumbled as walked by me.

I was 2.5 seconds away from dragging this fuck tard all over the side walk, but I stayed calm.

When we got to the house I there was an extra car in the drive way. Not paying any many mind I didn't think much of it.

Chance ran inside the house before. Most likely he was eagered to put the movie in.

"Hi minster." I heard him say. I was locking the door.

"Hey lil man." I heard him say back. I dropped my keys as I slowly turned around to be sure that it was him.

"What are you doing here?" My voiced cracked.

I was doing everything in my power to keep from crying and throwing a scene in front of Chance.

I couldn't believe that he had the audacity to try and talk to me.

I took a big breathe. "You need to leave." I said sternly while grabbing chance and pulling him closer to me.

"No." He said while standing.

"Go into your room for a min please." I said to chance softly before loosing my grip on him.

Waiting until he was fully out the room.

I quietly walked towards him and slapped him with everything I had.

"How dare you." I semi yelled at him and before I knew it I felt my face wet from the tears.

He was holding his cheek looking at me with guilt.

I felt my face go into the nastiest, scowl I ever had before.

"You need to leave now." I gritted out as more tears left.

"You wasn't here when you had the chance I don't think you deserve another. So leave me and my son alone."

His face suddenly showed anger before it turn into sad again. I could tell he was trying to control his anger because I had every right to be furious at him.

His jaw twitched. I was slowly getting more and more irritated. I felt the blood rush through my body. I knew my face was red with anger.

My ears were burning and my heart was pounding and I was about to fucking loose it standing in this silence and he was just starring at me with guilt.

His eyes told me that he was trying to find the right words to say. They told me that he regretted what he did to me all those years ago. He knew as well as I did that he couldn't justify why he did it.

My lips trembled from the amount of pain that his presence brought me.

I couldn't believe that I gave myself to him. I couldn't believe that he broke me like that. I couldn't comprehend that together we made something so beautiful that he didn't want to be part of. I can't believe that he's the father of my baby.

My baby didn't come from this monster standing in from of me.