Chapter 6: What's In The Box?

Start from the beginning

"It might make sense, but I still don't trust him." Zofia crosses her arms and looked away.

"Maybe he did it because he has romantic feelings towards you girls!" Grace chimed happily.

"Meomchwo, I'm cutting off your K Drama, Grace." Chul told his colleague and the two began to bicker.

"But what should we do now about Lucifer?" Seamus commented.

"You can all start by dropping it." Everyone in the recreation room looked to see the Lieutenant standing in the doorway, looking protective as always.

"How long have you been standing there?" Maxim (Kapkan) asked him.

"I've been here long enough. Everyone, my brother might not be the most talkative person on base, but he's trustworthy. He may not look like it, but he does watch over you." Ernesto said.

"Besides overwatch support?" Timur (Glaz) added.

"Don't you remember during physical therapy when he watched over you Yumiko and Emma?" He asked the two women.

"Yes, I even saw his face...he looks, broken." Emma commented and looked down.

"He might look broken on the outside, but on the inside he has a heart. He cares about you guys, more so than himself."

"That does give me a new perspective on him." Sebastien (Buck) commented.

"It still doesn't excuse why he acts like a machine, never showing any positive emotion. If we are to succeed we need to know each other." Gustave said.

"It just isn't a luxury he can afford everyone, it has something to do with our past, but that's all I'm telling you. Now before I go, Six wants Smoke, Doc, Glaz, Kapkan, Tachanka, Buck, Ying, and Thermite to report to the briefing room in an hour, also if any of you see my brother, tell him Six needs him too." Then with that he walked away. I slowly stood up and started to walk out of the room.

"Ela? Where are you going?" Zofia asked.

"To tell Y/N he's needed for briefing. If anyone wants to come with me, feel free." I said and made my way out the rec room and to the female dorm, where he stays. We all stood in front of his door and I knocked on it, but no answer. I knocked on it, this time a little more loudly, but still no answer.

"Maybe he's not inside." Jordan suggested.

"I'll check." Jack pulled out his Heartbeat sensor and started scanning the room. "That's weird, my scanner won't scan. The screen is fine and it's on, but not scanning."

"Maybe we should breach the lad's room." Seamus pulled out his Breaching Hammer from seemingly nowhere.

"Now hang on everyone, maybe he's just not-." Doc tried to stop him but he had already slammed his hammer into the door. Instead of forcing it open the hammer bounced off the door and knocked him down, leaving a dent in it.

"Reinforced plating? Smart lad, now. The walls." Seamus got up and tightened his grip on his hammer. He kissed it softly before smashing it into the wall next to the door. The dry wall and plaster came off, only to reveal steel behind it. "Fook me, reinforced walls too? The lad has a bomb shelter for a bedroom."