Everything Falls into Place

Jin

"In an official statement from YG entertainment, G-Dragon's manager corroborated reports that the photo was not altered, and that Kwon Ji Yong considers the woman, whose identity will remain hidden, a 'very good friend.' The two met at a popular Korean restaurant and immediately felt chemistry. Despite being a Korean-American college student, the two are planning on continuing their relationship long-distance, until she finishes her studies."

Jin felt better, like things were falling into place. Maya was right, their relationship was worth fighting for, and when she returned to her apartment, she and Ji Yong figured out the best way to tackle their problem. As soon as YG released the statement, comments (which still were adding up in the hundreds) seemed to become nicer; of course, there were still horribly mean ones, but there was a new influx of kinder responses wishing G-Dragon happiness, and giving him their support.

Before they knew it, Jin was talking on the phone with Ji Yong's mom, who was upset that he hadn't told her what was going on. The kindly older woman didn't hold a grudge though, and was more than excited to hear that her son had finally gotten serious about a girl. She couldn't wait to meet Jin.

It was a little harder to explain to Jin's parents, but she promised that by the time they had to make any decisions, Ji Yong would have come to visit many times and wouldn't be a stranger anymore. Once Jin put it like that, her mother was much more open to the idea, relieved to see that they weren't jumping into anything, quite the opposite.

Her father, always a push over, was just happy that Jin was considering a position at his company. He also hoped Ji Yong would cut his hair, and was promised he would.

"See, yobo? Everything is working out for us," Ji Yong chirped, kissing her on the cheek. Jin sighed in contentment as she sat on his bed at the penthouse. They were packing up his stuff.

He had piles of clothing to sort, way more clothing than any normal person would have brought on a week-long vacation, "Could you run to Seung Hyun's room quick and check to see if my other pair of Nikes are there?"

"Sure," Jin got up and headed down the hallway to the far bedroom, noticing the door was mostly closed. "Knock knock."

"Come in."

She scooted in the room, scanning the floor for Ji Yong's shoes. Seung Hyun was sitting on his bed with a notebook and pencil. "I'm just checking for Ji Yong's shoes. Are you writing?"

He bit the end of his pencil. "Yeah, I have a few parts of a song that have been floating in my brain, I need to write them out."

Jin smiled, noting that the shoes were nowhere in sight. "Can I hear it?"

Seung Hyun nodded. "I'm not sure of the melody yet, but this is what I'm thinking so far:

Oneulttara oneulttara nae meori wiro
Neoneun naradanigo
Neoreulttara neoreulttaraseo jayurobke
Hweolhweol naradanijyo
Meotjin nalgaereul dalgo
Neol mannalsu itdamyeon."

"Of all days, of all days, you fly around above my head. Follow you, following you freely, I fly freely, if I could meet you with these wonderful wings," Jin repeated in English, smiling to herself sadly.

Was Seung Hyun going to be able to let go as easily as Maya seemed like she was going to? "That sounds really nice, is it for--"

"WE'RE GOING OUT TO EAT LUNCH! JIN YOU HAFTA COME!" Daesung and Seungri burst into the room, having just gotten back to the penthouse. Jin smiled.

"Where's Young Bae?"

"Oh he's downstairs in the weight room, he said he'd meet us there. We were thinking of going to Ten-Raku again, poetic justice, the circle of life, and all that," Daesung explained happily. Ji Yong appeared in the hallway.