The Butterfly Garden

Slowly Alex had to practically carry Perrie to the room where the doctor was set up. He leaned to whisper in her ear before they went in.

"Relax Love." She took a deep breath before walking in. He followed closely behind, Wendy staying in the hall to give them privacy. Alex nodded at the doctor in front of him as he helped Perrie onto the bed. His hand stayed in hers as she began to nervously shake.

The doctor asked her questions about her health before asking her a question she hoped he wouldn't.

"Have you been pregnant before?" She nodded. "And what happened?" She squeezed Alex's hand unable to answer.

"She lost the baby." The doctor nodded before explaining how the ultrasound worked. More for Alex than Perrie as she was not even paying attention to a word the doctor was saying. She completely zoned out until the cold gel was spread across her stomach. She just about jumped off the bed before Alex gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

They both took in a deep breath as the machine was booted up. As the wand was placed on her stomach she felt his hand began to shake. As the quick beating heart was heard they both released a much needed breath.

"There is your healthy little baby. I do not see any signs of underdevelopment. By the looks of it you are about twelve weeks along and should be due sometime in February." The doctor paused before looking between the two. "Congratulations." He said with a smile before handing Perrie the picture he had captured of the ultrasound.

The doctor left as Perrie sat on the edge of the bed. Alex hugged her tightly his face buried into her neck. Her fingers moved to the base of his neck just barely threading into his hair.

"Thank god." She whispered. He nodded before kissing the base of her neck. "You have no idea how relieved I am." He chuckled lightly.

"Trust me I do love." She smiled at him as he pulled away. Their lips brushed together gently smiles on both of their faces. "I love you Perrie." He said softly. She giggled before pecking his lips.

"I love you too Alex. More than you know." He chuckled lightly before helping her off the bed. Instead of being greeted by Wendy like they had expected the Queen had left once she found out the baby was healthy from the doctor.

Alex took her hand gently as he effortlessly guided her through the palace. When she saw the library she stopped. He chuckled lightly causing her to look at him.

"I was in here all the time as a child. My mum used to say that I read every book twice. Would you like to go in?" She nodded profusely.

"You were here a lot?" He nodded as his fingers ran across various books.

"It was my escape from everything. I would come after breakfast and at times stay until dinner. I would hide in the back corner behind walls of books nobody found me unless they wanted to." He paused as he looked around. "It's amazing how it's grown since the last time I was in here. There were half the shelves." She looked at him shocked.

"Really?" He nodded. "It's absolutely amazing in here." He chuckled lightly before he guided her to another part of the palace. "So you were sort of a nerd?" He shrugged before Wendy piped up.

"It's was not sort of. He was reading books as thick as his head when he was seven." He turned a light shade of red. "I'm just stating the truth love. No need to be embarrassed. Take her to the butterfly garden. I'm sure she would enjoy that." He nodded before Perrie looked at him in awe. He was so nonchalant about everything where as she was freaking out inside.

When his hand slipped from hers he moved it gently to her lower back. She leaned into him carefully as they walked down a long quiet hall. They entered the garden before he guided her to the lone bench in the space. They sat in unison before she relaxed into him. As he turned to look at her a butterfly landed on his nose. He inwardly freaked out before shaking it off his nose.

"She's such an ass." He mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?" Perrie asked with a smile.

"Me mum. She knows that I don't like butterflies but knew I couldn't resist your puppy dog eyes." The blonde giggled lightly before she cupped his face and connected their lips.

"How do you not like butterflies?" She asked as he shook another one off of him.

"They just creep me out and I was swarmed by them when I was younger. I couldn't get them off me. Scarred me for life." She shook her head as she slowly lifted her hand a butterfly resting peacefully on her finger.

"There's nothing to be afraid of love." She said with a smile. When it flew away she looked at him. A butterfly landed on his hand. Before he could even shoo it away Perrie connected their lips completely distracting him. The butterfly stayed on his finger as it moved to her cheek gently caressing her skin. "See it's not so bad." She said with a laugh.

"As long as you keep doing that I won't mind."