The Garden

The next day Alex slowly made his way into the palace. Perrie had gone to see her mother as he made the scary trip to see his. He had no idea how he was going to do this. He slowly made his way to the garden knowing she would be there at this time.

When Wendy saw him she patted the bench next to her knowing something must be wrong. He slowly let out a breath as he sat next to her.

"There's something I need to tell you." He said quietly. Before he could continue she grabbed his hand squeezing it gently. "Perrie's pregnant." His mothers mouth just about dropped to the floor. She slapped him in the back of the head hard before hugging him. "You're not mad?" She started laughing.

"Mad. How could I be mad when I'm going to be a grandmother? Am I disappointed? Yes. But I know you will make an amazing father. There is one thing though." He nodded knowing what she meant. He shouldn't do this out of marriage. When she let go of his hand a ring dropped into his open palm. "You don't have to do this now. I will not force you. However, you need to know how badly this will look on you. Just think about it and talk to her." He smiled as he turned the ring in his hand. It was the one his mother had that he had grown to love.

"Mum I can't take this." She shook her head.

"You will. No arguments." He nodded before kissing her cheek. "Would you like me to arrange for the doctor to see Perrie?"

"Let me ask her before you do anything." She nodded before standing.

"That is not a problem. Just let me know what you decide." He nodded as he stood.

"Thank you for understanding mum." He said as he gently hugged her. She laughed lightly as she pulled away.

"There's no need to thank me. I'm your mother. I will understand no matter what happens. Well unless you leave her and your child then I will have no choice but to kill you." He started to laugh a smile growing on his face. "Just remember I am the Queen and can make you disappear with the snap of my fingers." She said her face now going stern. He nodded as he gulped. His mother was not somebody to mess with. "Now go. I'm sure you need to figure some things out before that ring comes into use."

He smiled before they hugged once more and he left. It was a minute after he settled into the couch that Perrie entered. Thankfully Alex had put the ring away right when he got home. When she saw him on the couch a smile crossed her lips.

"Well that was easy." She said as she curled into his side. He let out a chuckle before his arm wound around her. "What?" He shook his head.

"There's just a lot of things going through my mind right now. I know I should tell you but.." She stopped him their eyes meeting each other's. "There's something you need to know." She looked down as his tone changed. He tilted her chin and brought their lips together. "My mum brought up something as I was talking with her today."

Perrie's hand moved to her stomach protectively not knowing what he was going to say next. When his hand moved over hers she inwardly sighed.

"God I don't want to say this." He said quietly. "I just sounds so wrong." He groaned. Perrie connected their lips sweetly before he continued. "Fuck I can't do this Pez."

"Just fucking ask me." She said knowingly. He moved from next to her before slipping off into the kitchen. She heard a cabinet door open and close as the front door did. When she saw Jesy she motioned for her to wait a moment.

"God this is fucked up." He mumbled under his breath as Jesy did everything in her power not to laugh. "P-Perr-ie." His voice was shaking as he was talking. "I have loved you from the second I laid eyes on you. You bring a smile to my face every time I look at you." He slowly made his way towards her before kneeling in front of her. "I don't know what I would do without you and I don't want to spend my life with anybody else." He paused for a moment as he pulled out the ring.

"Perrie will you marry me?"