comfortable

This chapter mentions abuse, self harm, and scars. Sunday

Keith's POV

"Stop, you're going-" I cut him off, I whisper "please don't hit me, I-Im sorry" he lets go of my arms. Im terrified. Look what I've done. I've ruined everything.

"Keith.." lance sits down beside me. He raises his hand up. I know what's coming. I shouldn't have done this. I should've just stayed home.

I flinch a little, he stops for a quick second and reaches for my face. "Keith, I would never do that, you should never be hit. I promise you are safe" he lightly puts his hand around my neck and jaw and starts rubbing his thumb up and down. This isn't what I thought was going to happen.

I don't know how to react. "You're very beautiful when you cry, I don't like that you are sad though, these should be happy tears, not sad ones" Im crying again? "What-what are you-" he places his hands on my cheeks and smiles. "Your face is very sensitive, everywhere around your eyes are red" I know this, he doesn't have to tell me.

"L-lance, s-sto-"about!, what am I saying, no, don't stop your hands are soft. "I-I, Im sorry" I sigh. "Don't be, Im glad Im here to make sure you're alright" he rubs the tears off my face with his thumbs.

"Now, you need some water, your face is getting pale" I grab the bottle from him and try to open it. "Here, your still a bit shaky, I can g-" "I've got it, but thanks" I don't want him to do everything for me. Im not a baby, mostly.

"Okay, Keith are you mad at me?" I look up at his eyes, wow those eyes were pulling me in. "N-No, w-why would I be?" he shakes his head. "No reason, are you alright?" I nod and pull my knees back up.

"Im sorry Lance, I, I don't mean to do this, its-it happens alot, I didn't mean, I, sorry" I rest my head on my knees and look in the opposite direction. I suddenly feel him rubbing my back, why.. is....he. "It happens to me alot too, panic and anxiety attacks are the worst, my mom says it makes us tougher though, I don't really know how but I trust her"

"Hmm" I dont know what to say. I just dont want him to stop talking. Still facing the opposite direction I ask "can you tell me more about your mom..".

Keith has no idea, all lance can do is stare at him. His back is boney and smooth, his hair looks so soft, his legs are covered n bruises and scars and veins, the part of his ankles are covered in bruises too. What happened to this beautiful boy? Lance smiles at Keith's question. Is it wrong for lance to want to kiss his ears and tell him everything about his family. Keith is just one of those people that you feel you can spill your heart out too.

"Ya, she is.. I guess you can powerful. She has 8 children in all, her terrible husband is constantly getting what he wants from her,her job is mean to her and she is still always smiling. She always has something to tell you, a supportive message, a story, even just a small compliment. I want to be like her, I want to be confident like her and be able to help people alot." my god lance is adorable "You already are, you knew exactly what to do for me, you've been kind to me non-stop, I know Im only one being, but all you've been is nice" I speak to him gently, I dont want to say something I will regret.

"Wow Keith, I-I, really? That makes me feel better, thanks" he stops rubbing my back for a second and sighs relaxingly. I nod and turn my head towards him. "You dont, you dont have to rubbing my back, I appreciate it but its probably annoying for you" "Its not at all, it seems to be working" he gives a small smile, I just giggle.

"Wait, hey lance, did you um, did you call me beautiful?" he stops and looks down. "Mm, I can't remember" that smile, its back. "Im pretty sure I heard you say it" I giggle again. "Nah I dont think so, I think I said.. You had a weird mullet" "What!? No!" "Ya, Im gonna go with the mullet thing"

We both laugh and stop talking. "Did you um, did ya wanna go down stairs now?" I completely forgot that's why I was here. "Oh, ya sure" he removes his hand from my back and helps me up. And we both walk downstairs, I follow after him.

"Mijo, its about time you two got down here, you can play video games later, its time for you too introduce me to your friend " That's gotta be her, he looks so much like her. "Hola mama, sorry about that, I got excited, Mama this is Keith, Keith this is my mom" I smile "Nice to meet you misssss?" "oh call me Rosa love, and its nice to meet you, you're a very stunning young boy." She winks at me and laughs, lance doesn't seem to be paying much attention. He is just gazing at, my h a n d s???

"L-lance you alright?" he immediately looks up "ya ya Im fine, come on, lets get food" I giggle and give a small wave to Rosa. I look up to the backyard filled and filled with people, I thought he said there wasnt going to be many people. "Holy, that's alot more people than I thought were coming" Lance and I both realised that.

"Ya, I uh, I see" I commented. "Well, guess we will just make do" he thinks this is going to be easy. Not for me, hate crowds of people.

Yeet, this got 1k words boyo. Enjoy!  (Not edited)