Chapter 68: The A Way To Hell

Start from the beginning

I quirked an eyebrow, “Well, yes, that is one way to describe it.”

Ravenswood was many things. The start of my destruction. From living a lonely life in that damned house to my deeds with Alison. It was a town that I couldn’t forget even if I wanted to.

The main street was reasonably packed, but not enough that I couldn’t locate a parking spot in front of the barbers shop. And you know how you sometimes forget little things, like how your Grandmother owns the barber shop that you are just about to go into.

Well, yes, that was me.

Because I kind of just sit in the car, and stare out the window to the barber shop and swear right in front of Annie.

“Mind you language, Alice,” Annie says.

I raise my eyebrow and look at Annie, “Your not a child anymore Annie. Suck it up.”

She rolls her eyes and we both get out of the car. I tell her to wait beside the car while I go check on the place. Luckily, after searching the place down with my eyes, my grandmother seems to be nowhere insight. I signal to Annie to come into the barber shop and we both walk in together, the door chiming, alerting everyone to our arrival. Which is like two workers and one customer.

A tall skinny man with blonde hair and a milk moustache moves his way towards us.

“What would you like dears?” He says.

I point at Annie, “She will be the one that you are looking after.” Then I move away and lean against the wall in the lounging area as Annie looks at me for advice on the other side of the room. I shrug my shoulders and smirk, “Step 1, Annie. This is step one.” Then I point at the pictures of women with dyed hair on the wall and Annie finally gets the memo.

We are changing her identity.

The barber takes her to her seat and Annie looks oddly semi excited while she flicks through the pictures in a hairstyle book that was set out in front of her. She points at one and the barber nods excitedly, his blonde head bobbing up and down. Then he goes to the back room to prepare the dye.

I guess that’s when Gabriel Holbrook decides to barge in.

The door flings open, the chime on the door breaks and falls to the floor. But all Holbrook can focus on is his sister that is sitting on the barbers chair. He flings himself towards her and wraps himself around her.

“Oh my god, Annie, What the hell happened?” his voice breaks.

It makes me want a family.

He pulls back and looks at Annie directly in the eye. Annie begins to tear up once again and a few seconds later she is gently crying into her brothers shoulder while he strokes her hair whispering comfy words to her. About home, and safety and everything him and how he is here for her.