chapter 20

"It's good to see you out kid." Darry whispers to me halfway through the movie. "Dal told us you were really sick."

"It's good to be out." I whisper back. "It's good to see you out too. You're always working."

"Got the night off tonight, and decided to come spend it with you knuckleheads."

"You love us Dare-bear." I smile.

"Thats debatable." He answers which makes me laugh, a few people shoot me dirty glances and shush me. He chuckles and returns his attention to the movie.

It was one of those beach ones, ya know ones with bikinis, drinks, surfing and volleyball, and of course hot lifeguards. I pointed a few good looking ones out to Johnny and he just about spit his drink out from laughing to hard.

"Right there, see him Johnny." I point to the screen at a male lifeguard running down the beach shirtless.

"Yes I see him."

I let out a low whistle. "Man, if I had a man like that. I'd-"

"What was that baby?" Dally takes his seat beside me again amd hands me a coke.

"I said if I had a man like that, I'd play with his pool toy."

"My virgin ears!" Two-Bit shouts covering his ears.

"As if." I scoff.

"Oh my god Y/n. You're nasty." Steve remarks from behind me.

"What? At least I'm being honest."

"A little too honest. There are children present." Darry reminds me.

"Are you kidding. Johnny was the one I told in the first place and Ponyboy's eyes are glued to the screen, he probably hasn't heard one word of this conversation." I giggle.

"Thats my girl." Dally chuckles and lights a cigarette.

I felt my face heat up. Dally had never officially called me his girlfriend. Good thing it was dark or else I would have been getting teased by now.

I pull the cancer stick from his mouth and take a long drag of it. I blow smoke in Dally's face and as usual he doesn't cough, just looks at me and smirks. He takes it back and re-inserts into his mouth.

"Damn outta coke." Dally shakes his empty cup and throws it behind him. "Be back babe." He kisses my cheek and saunters away to the snack bar.

"Ya'll wanna save my seat. I gotta pee." I lean back against Soda's legs and whisper.

"Yeah whatever." He waves me off and watches the screen.

I get up and walk over to the bathrooms. Of course there was a line. When it was finally my turn I had to pee ten times more than I did before. I relive myself and walk back out adjusting my shirt.

I just happen to glance over at the snack bar and see Dally laughing with some chick. She was running her hand through his hair and biting her lip. Dal wasn't doing anything about it either which really set me off. I roll my eyes and walk to the gang.

"Darry mind if I stay over at your house tonight?" I ask. He doesn't ask questions but nods. He knew something was up.

"Mind if I head over now? I ain't feeling to hot."

"Sure kid."

"I'll come with ya." Johnny stands up and stretches.

We walk down the sidewalk not saying much.

"Guess you saw Dal with that broad at the snack bar huh." Johnny says kicking a rock.

"Yeah."

"How come you ain't upset?"

"Oh I am. I'm infuriated." I chuckle coldly.

"This ain't the first time. You always forgive him and everything is fine the next day."

"Oh Johnny. You think I'd be used to this by now." I sigh. "But really that boy just loves to play with my emotions."