Chapter 41

I stare down at the blurry image of my baby. It looked like a small bean. I asked the nurse to leave the sex a secret for now, I didn't want to get to emotionally attached just yet.

When I walked back into the waiting room, the boys all swarmed around me and unloaded a million questions on me all at once. 

"Jesus guys, can't your questions wait until we're out of here." I laugh.

They calm down until we are outside and all piling into Darry's truck. I get in the front beside Darry.

"Did you get pictures?" Johnny asks.

I hand  the ultra sound pictures back for the gang to look at. They squish close together to admire the fetus.

"I don't see it." Soda whispers to Two, who shakes his head and shrugs too. 

"Right there numb nuts." Steve points to the image.

"Nope nothing." Two answers. "Hey Y/N?"

"Whats up Matthews?" I look back at him in the rear view mirror. 

"Can you name the baby after me?"

"No! Steve is a way better name." Steve turns to Two.

"Well I was the one who was with her when she found out she was pregnant."

"Yeah but naming the baby 'two-bit' is the dumbest thing ever." 

"Well we could name him Keith." Two snaps.

"That's even more dumb." 

"Watch yourself bucky."

The back seat turns into a insult competition. Johnny and Pony squished in between the whole thing. 

Beside me Darry sighs and shakes his head.

I smile to myself and lay a protective hand over my belly. Maybe this baby would be fatherless but at least he or she would be surrounded by a loving family. Even if that loving family is filled with dysfunctional gang members. 

"Boys what if its a girl?" I call over their yelling.

Everyone in the back stops yelling, just in time for us to pull into the drive way. 

I chuckle to myself as Soda jumps out of the car and helps me out. I mumble a thanks and stretch my back quickly. That's when I see the dark motor cycle parked just across the street. 

My heart pounds inside my chest. 

A/N 

Two updates in one week!? Who am I? 

~Stay Gold Bitches