chapter 16

"Thought you weren't coming back." Michael crosses his arms.

"I needed to get somethings." I match his tone and sling my bag over my shoulder.

"Dad was worried, at least he was until he passed out drunk."

I don't say anything, just look down at my shoes.

"You shouldn't have come back. Especially not with him." He sneers at Dally, who instantly tenses realizing who this is.

"You the one who did this to her?" Dally gestures to my cheek and Michael looks taken a back by this, there is something like sympathy in his eyes for less then a moment.

"I.. I-"

"That all you gonna say?" Dally snaps.

"Dal." I touch his arm and try pulling him out the door but his feet are planted firm. "Please."

"No I want to hear a fucking answer." Dally growls not taking his eyes off my brother.

"Yes okay it was him! Can we leave now?" I gently pull his bicep again. He gives in and looks at me. The anger slowly melted away.

"Yeah okay we can go. But first."  He whirls around and connects his fist with Michael's jaw, there is a loud crack. Before I can do anything Dally is on top of him. Blood pours from Michael's face as Dally pounds his fists down.

I finally manage to rip Dally off of his and drag him out the front door. Blood dripped from his fists. He was grumbling amd cussing under his breath.

"Oh my god Dal." I breathe when we are away from the house.

"What doll? Is everything okay?"

"It will be when you stop scaring me shitless."

A/n

Awee I love protective Dally 💕

~Stay Gold bitches