chapter 12

"This can't keep happening." Michael scolds me even before I'm in the door. "You can't keep coming home this late."

"Why not?"

"Why not?! Because I'm here all night worried sick." He exclaims.

"I don't ask you to wait up for me!" I snap.

"Were you with that boy again?"

Yes.

"Maybe so what if I was." I cross my arms

"Thats it I don't want you hanging around him anymore. He is bad news."

"What the hell Michael?!" I shout. "I'm 17!"

"I don't care. He is just no good."

"You're not my dad!" I shout then run upstairs and shove clothes into a backpack.

"Where the hell do you think you're you going?" He sits up from the couch when I stomp back down.

"I'm leaving." I walk towards the door but his hand closes around my wrist.

"Like hell you are." I twist my hand.

"Let me go."

"You wouldn't make it one day out there without me." He shouts in my face.

"Fuck you." I shout back then spit on his face.

"Fine leave! But dont expect me to let you back in when you come running home when things get hard." He lets go of my wrist.

"No need to worry. I'm never fucking coming back." I rub where he was holding. He does the unthinkable and slaps me, hard. Right across the cheek.

I reach up and touch my throbbing cheek. His eyes are wide and he looks down at the red mark on his palm.

"Y/n I- I didn't mean to-" before he can finish I race out the door.

"Y/n!" He shouts after me.

I kept running I knew he wasn't following me but I didn't care. I just wanted to put as much distance between him and I as I could.

I ran to Buck's where I knew Dally would be. He was the only one who wouldn't send me home. Aside from Darry, but he didn't know me well enough.

I push open the door to Buck's and see Dally sitting at the bar. I was relieved when I saw he didn't have a girl hanging off of him tonight. I waltz over to him, he smirks when he sees me there.

"Hey doll long time no see." I sit beside him and a barstool.

"Hey Dal. I was just-"

"What happend to your face?" He cuts me off.

I should have thought this through.

"Oh nothing." I try hiding the bruise with my hair. "A lot of people here tonight huh." I say desperate to change the subject.

"Look at me." I look aroumd the room pretending I didn't hear him.

"Y/n." He places a finger under my chin and forces me to look at him. I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Holy shit." He grabs my hand and drags me upstairs and into the bathroom. He closes the door behind us, the music a little quieter.

"Holy shit." He says again and pushes my hair back revealing my purple cheek. "Who did this?"

"Michael." I answer and look down at my shoes.

"Michael. Who the hell is Michael?"

"My brother." I whisper.

"I'll fucking kill him." He starts for the door but I grab his wrist.

"Dal no. I left. Thats why I came here. I need your help." He face softened a little.

"Fine but f this happens again I'm not being as nice." He sits on the toilet and pulls me into his lap. He looks at my bruise a few more times.

"Even with that ugly thing on your face you're still beautiful."