chapter 4

"Looks like Pony's got himself a girlfriend." The one Pony introduced as Two-Bit remarks from his spot on the floor.

"Ah lay off, we just met." Pony answers.

"Pony and Y/n sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g first comes love then comes mar-"

"Shut it!" Dally snaps, all eyes turn to him.

"Will ya just shut it for five fucking minutes?!" Dally storms out of the room, I resist the urge to run after him.

"What crawled up his ass and died?" Steve asked.

"He's fighting with Sylvia again." Soda says flopping down on the couch.

"The bitch probably two-timin' him again. I'll never understand what he sees in her." Two-Bit pipes up shaking his head.

I felt my face drop a little, he had a girlfriend. Why would he bother with me then?

"Im gonna go have a smoke if you don't mind." I make my way to the porch.

I see Dally sitting outside on the porch muttering something under his breath. He whirls his head around and looks at me when the door slams shut.

"Hey sweetheart." He smiles.

I sit down beside him and pull out my pack of cigarettes, I stick the box out towards him, he takes one and lights it then lights mine for me.

"Thanks." I say blowing smoke out the corner of my mouth.

He leans back on his elbows and takes a long drag on his cigarette.

"You haven't called me yet." I look at him smiling.

He smirks, "I haven't, have I."

"Nope."

"Guess I'm still surprised I got your number." He chuckles.

"Why is that?"

"Well ya know it ain't everyday you see a guy like me with a girl like you."

"Yeah I guess." I sigh.

There is a minute where neither of us say anything and just blow smoke into the air.

"Why'd you kiss me if you have a girlfriend?" I ask finally, eager to break the silence.

He looks over at me and takes another long drag on his smoke, then answers.

"Sylvia? Well I wouldn't really call her a girlfriend."

"Well then what would you call her?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"A distraction." He smirks.

"A distraction from what?" I was genuinely curious.

"A distraction from all the bull shit in the world."

"Do you love her?" I looked down, I really didn't want to hear the answer.

"Nah. Like I said she's just a distraction." He puts out his cigarette and tosses it onto the grass.

"Oh." Is all I say trying to hide the goofy grin that just broke out across my face.

"C'mon." He grabs my hand and pulls me up, dragging me down the front lawn.

"Where are we going?" I ask laughing.

He walks over to a motorcycle and climbs on starting the engine.

"Get on." He shouts over the loud pur of the engine.

"I don't know." I rub my arm.

"It'll be fun!"

"Alright." Truth is I've never been on a motorcycle before so I was a little nervous.

I get on the back and wrap my arms around his torso. He smelt like cigarettes, alcohol and pine. It was kind of comforting actually.

He revs the engine and takes off down the road. I throw my hands in the air the wind blowing my hair back.

This is what freedom felt like. I loved it.