chapter 5

"That was amazing!" I shout sliding off the back of Dally's motorcycle. He took me in a ride all around Tulsa, even to places I've never been to before.

"Thought you might like that." He lights a cigarette and takes a long drag.

I pull it from his mouth and place it in between my lips. I hand it back to him and blow smoke in his face. He doesn't cough, just smirks and chuckles to himself.

"C'mon that gang will think we eloped and ran off to Mexico." He grabs my hand and leads me to the Curtis house.

"Well look at what the cat dragged in." Darry chuckles when we walk into the living room.

"Hey Darry." Dally flops down on the couch and kicks his feet up onto the coffee table.

"Wheres Ponyboy? I ask.

"Upstairs." Two-Bit answers.

I walk upstairs and into Ponyboy's room where his noes is stuck in a book.

"Hey." I stop in the doorway.

"Hi Y/n." He doesn't look up from his page.

"Look I'm sorry I didn't mean for us to be out this long." I play with the hem of my shirt.

"What are you talking about?" He looks up this time, a puzzled look crosses his face.

"Dally and I left like, two hours ago."

"Oh right, I had some homework so it wasn't that big of a deal." He shrugs then returns to his book.

I walk in and sit on the edge of his bed, snatching the book from him to look at the cover.

"Gone with the Wind?" I quirk an eyebrow.

He flushes red and stammers.

"Cool it kid, I was just teasing ya. I actually really like that book." I hand it back to him.

He laughs a little.

"What?" I smile.

"I just can't believe a girl like you is dating someone like Dallas Winston." He shakes his head tossing the book onto the side table.

"We aren't dating."

"I've seen the way you two look at eachother. It may be a little early to tell but I think there is something there that you two haven't noticed yet."

I roll my eyes.

Me and Dallas Winston, Please.