8. Your Birthday part 2

Author's note:
       Please don't start the music until I say so. Thank you.
               ~ The Silver Angel

"Jar of Hearts" ~ Christina Perri (cover by Boyce Avenue)

Key:
• Y/n - your name

~~~Tim's point of view~~~
      "How about 'Jar of Hearts'?" I asked.
      "Sure," she smiled.

~~~Italics - you    Bold - Tim~~~
          ~~~Bold Italics - both~~~
                ~~~Start the song~~~

I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

And it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?

                  ~~~End of song~~~

~~~Tim's point of view~~~
A small crowd had gathered around us and were clapping at our performance. They must have thought we were a couple because of they were smiling at us and the older people were talking about young love. I did love Y/n, but not romantically, more like a sister. Y/n carefully put her guitar back into its case with a few dollar bills people had put in and we began to walk back to the mountain.
"I thought you said you weren't very good at singing," I said breaking the silence.
"Yeah, well I guess no one likes the sound of their own voice, Mr. 'I'm not as good as other singers'," she laughed.
"Haha, I guess you are right, but you should like your voice it's amazing."
"You have only heard me once, how can you judge my voice purely on that."
"Actually, I've heard you sing three times, once just now, the second time at school, and the first time you were with Damian in the library, I was hidden behind the doors."
Y/n suddenly flushed pink. "You were listening?" She asked a little bit shocked.
"You don't have to be embarrassed, you two work well together."
Y/n's face darkened even more. "Really?"
"Yeah, wait a minute. Are you blushing because you were caught or because I said you and Damian work well together?" I asked stopping on the sidewalk.
She turned to face me blushing as red as a tomato. "U-um," she stuttered.
"You don't have to answer," I said, "because I already know what it is."
She nodded too embarrassed to talk as we walked into the mountain headquarters. We took the zeta tubes back to the bat cave which was unusually empty. I checked my watch it was 4:23 PM. The surprise was at 5:00 I still had to distract Y/n for a few more minutes.
"Hey, do you want to spar, so we can say we got a little practice in today?" I asked.
"Um, okay," she nodded, putting down her guitar case next to the stairs to the house.
"Cool, you can borrow an extra suit so you don't have to fight in your normal clothes."
"Thanks," She said taking the extra suit as she headed towards the bathrooms in the cave. Y/n came back in the suit I had created for an emergency in case she needed it. I had planned on letting her design her own, but I would ask her later.

Her hair was pulled back in a braid and she walked over to the mats quickly stretching

We got into our fighting stances and began. I threw the first strike, but Y/n stayed on the defensive side, carefully anticipating any of my attacks and quickly launching the best moves to counter them. The fight drew out, but I was losing more energy than Y/n.

~~~Damian's point of view~~~
I heard the zeta tubes announce Drake's and Y/n's arrival so I headed to the cave. When I got there a few minutes later, Drake and Y/n were sparing in suits, it looked like they had been going for a couple of minutes because Drake's face showed small signs of exhaustion. When I looked at Y/n, I blushed and looked away, hoping that neither of them had seen me. Y/n looked amazing in the skintight suit, it fit her perfectly without restricting her arms and legs which she needed to fight. I had wondered where she had gotten the suit, but I remembered that Drake had made her a suit just for training and emergency missions.
Just as I looked back at the pair I saw that Y/n was beating Drake. She had a good strategy and seemed to be going on a defensive side, saving more of her energy, while Drake was getting tired from launching his attacks. As Drake swung a punch Y/n grabbed his arm, using his force against him, and quickly flipped my brother onto the mat.

~~~Tim's point of view~~~
After sparing with Y/n we shook hands. "You did well, Y/n."
"Thanks," she said, looking barely tired.
"Some other time can you teach me how to save more of my energy while I fight."
"Sure. I'd be happy too!"
Damian had walked into the cave, probably at some point during our match. "Hey Demon," I smiled as I remembered the song he had sung. Y/n giggled at his little nickname.
"Hello Drake," He said trying to hide any worry he had that I heard him sing.
"Y/n why don't you go get a shower and change before do something else," I told Y/n while heading to the showers myself.
"Alright," She said walking to her locker in the cave where she kept spare civilian clothes and a towel.