Confession

I was watching the deer meat cook in the cauldron while Garroth was sitting next to me and Laurence went to bed early. It felt a little awkward since Garroth and I haven't talked in a while. I just stared at the boiling water.

   " So Garroth. How do you like being back?"

   " Well, it's a change. Especially since time went by so fast. Even here a lot went on and I missed it. "

   " So did I and everyone else who went to the Irene dimension, but hey your here now. that's what's important. "

   " True. I was afraid I would never see you again after you froze. Now it's happening again. Only this time we might not have it in time. You look a little colder."

   " I feel colder. It gets colder every day. "

   " I suppose it won't work if I give you a blanket?"

   " No, it won't. Like the Demon Warlock said. It's going to start from the inside out. I'll be frozen. unlike last time the climate won't change. I will."

   " Oh."

   " Hey, Garroth I need to tell you something."

   " Okay. What is it?"

   " I....I'm scared Garroth. I don't want to leave you all and I don't want to feel this pain. "

   " Pain?"

   " Ya. It feels like my heart is breaking. Being frozen over. I'm scared and I don't want to leave you all not again."

   " We will find a way. I promise. "

I nodded and he hugged me.

   " There's one more thing..."

   " You can tell me. "

   " When I'm about to pass. I'm going to Alta. There I will be a frozen statue again. "

   " What? Why not stay in the Phoenix Alliance?"

   " I've done so much for the citizens of Alta. I brought it back from the rubble. I helped Jeb build a part of it then all of it. Alta is a place of Myth. Not a lot of people find it. Only those who are lost and seeking for shelter can enter. Those with good intentions. Otherwise, you won't find it. Alta needs me there as much as I need it. "

   " I see. What about us?"

   " I know you guys will always remember me. We have been through to much."

   " That's true. We have."

I hugged him tighter. I didn't cry. I held it in. I needed to be strong. I leaned against Garroth and fell asleep. The darkness overtook me.

( Gar Gar's P.O.V. )

She leaned against me falling asleep. I picked her up and brought her to one of the rooms and set her on the bed. I kissed her forehead and left the room. I continued to watch the fire when I noticed a picture hanging on the wall. I took a closer look at it and it was a little witch. She had auburn hair and a huge smile along with a fox beside her.