Garroth pt.1

I walked away from the wall and held the stone in my hand.

" Phoenix Drop. "

White covered my vision and when it cleared I was back in Phoenix Drop. I walked to a merchant and ordered all of his tools. I walked home and set them on my couch. Then I realized. If Alta was like that then what about.....the cave.

I remembered the cave Garroth showed me.

( Flashback )

He held his hand out for me to take and I took it. We started walking towards a cave.

" A cave?"

" Don't underestimate it. There's something at the bottom I want you to see."

I nodded and he helped me through the cave. We kept going deeper and deeper. Then he made it to flat ground and he helped me out of the hole we climbed through. I spotted a pool of water along with blue lights under the water.

 I spotted a pool of water along with blue lights under the water

" Garroth this is beautiful."

" I found it while caving for diamonds. So you ready to get in?"

" I don't know if I want to it's so beautiful."

" Well if you want we could admire the view while in the pool. There's something on the cave's surface I want you to see as well."

( End of Flashback )

I felt tears in my eyes. I missed Garroth. I ran out of my house and ran towards the cave he had mined. I carried a pickaxe with my just in case I need to mine through it. When I reached the cave rocks covered the entrance. I started mining the rocks away. Once the entrance reveled itself I walked in. I followed the same path he showed me. When I reached the bottom it looked exactly the same. I was amazed at the cave. I noticed something on the wall to my left. I walked over to it and seen some writing. I dusted some rock debris away and seen a heart.

 I dusted some rock debris away and seen a heart

Inside the heart it had

Garroth
+
Y/n

" Garroth...."

I traced my hands over his name. He must have done this that year I wasn't here. I looked at the water and started having memories of Garroth.

( Flashback )

" I'll join you. If you don't mind."

   " I don't mind at all Garroth."

As we walked we talked a lot. I didn't notice it and he must not have either, but it was now sundown. The sun was setting on the horizon. We walked back to the beach and noticed no one was there. Before we knew it the sun was gone and the stars where out. We walked to the edge of the dock and sat down.

   " So Garroth how has things been with you since you left?"

I had asked him when we were walking, but he didn't hear me.

   " It's been good. I'm glad I left. I didn't have to marry the daughter of Scaleswind. I'm sad though I never got to see you again."

   " True I missed you when you left. I remember crying for weeks."

   " What happened after that?"

   " Well as you know my family moved to a new village and it was infiltrated."

   " I'm sorry."

   " You don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault."

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

   " Yes I do. I wasn't there to protect you. I left for my own needs instead of staying for yours."

   " Garroth you left cause you didn't want to marry. That's very understandable. Plus think of it like this. If you had never left I probably wouldn't be here right now."

( Flashback Over )