Lines of Light

We searched all night. We didn't find his body. We all gathered back at the fountain.

   " Alright, everyone. Good job we did the best we could, but let's wait until tomorrow night I have a trick I want to try. I can only use it though when it's dark. So go home and rest we will all meet back here tonight."

We all went home and I slept on Ben's couch. In my so-called " Dream " I saw Garroth leaning against the big tree.

   " Garroth!?"

He looked towards me with a pained expression on his face. I walked towards him to see a stab wound to his stomach.

   " Garroth!"

I ran the rest of the way towards him and supported him on his shoulder. His hand was blood from holding his stomach. I went and saw him on a tree root.

   " Remove your hand," I demanded.

   " I'm afraid too."

   " It wasn't a suggestion."

He smiled a little bit, but he let go of his wound and I put my hand over it. I thought of all the good times I had with Garroth, how he was running without any harm coming to him. When I opened my eyes a gold light came from his wound that blinded us both. When we opened our eyes his wound was gone.

   " How did you know that it would work here?"

   " I had to take a risk."

He held his hand up and caressed my cheek. I leaned into his touch. I looked at his face and his smile faded from his face.

   " Y/ are you okay? You look exhausted and sad."

I nodded my head. He was about to pull his hand back when I grabbed it and kept it on my face. He pulled me up and hugged me. Rubbing the side of my arm. I told him what had happened at Alta with Jeb, the note, and the secret present. I cried a singular tear and he wiped it away.

   " Wow. That's why you look so tired. Listen I don't know what happens if you fall asleep, but I'll stay awake if you want to sleep."

   " Are you sure?"

He nodded. I closed my eyes and let sleep engulf me. When I woke up I heard the bell ringing to signal that time was up. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Garroth still holding me. He mi=oved a piece of my hair away from my face and smiled at me. There was a light in the background that made him look angelic. I grabbed his hand and then everything turned white. I opened my eyes for a second time and found myself back at Ben's house. The sun was setting and I stood up. U+I walked outside and Ben was already outside. Everyone was coming out of their houses. I ran to the fountain and Ben met me there.

   " Are you sure about this?"

   " Positive."

I stood on the fountain.

   " Everyone listen."

They all turned to me.

   " I can find Jeb. It will most likely use up all of my energy, but follow where it leads."

They all nodded. I transformed into my other form. I closed my eyes and started thinking about all the things that happened while I was here at Alta.

( Ben's P.O.V. )

My mother opened her eyes and they were white. She rose a few feet in the air and she said a simple phrase.

   " Find Jeb Knight."

Light erupted from the ground. White lines of pure light danced across the ground ( Like in Until Dawn with the butterfly )

If you don't know

There you go.

Some of the lines faded and disappeared. Then one line was left. It didn't fade or disappear but shined brightly.

   " Follow this one. " She said

   " Come on!" I yelled

I ran with all of the people of Alta. We ran following the line. When we reached the end we didn't see anything. We followed the line when a shadow soul came at me. I covered my eyes, but I never felt the impact. There was a barrier holding it back.

   " Everyone stay here in Alta! I will be back with Jeb."

They all nodded and I started running again. A few shadow souls came at me, but they couldn't get through the barrier. The same thing happened to people passing by. They didn't even see me. When they crossed the barriers line they didn't even notice it. 

I kept running then I reached a tree. I looked all around the tree when I found his body lying halfway under a tree. He had a slash across his chest. It had dried blood on it. The line of light went around the tree. I touched the tree seeing how sturdy it was. When the tree collapsed. It collapsed in white bits. They disappeared revealing Jeb's whole body. I picked him up and ran back to Alta as fast as I could. When I reached the people of Alta I handed him to them.

   " Take him to my home please."

They nodded and ran to my house. I ran back to my mom. She was still floating in the sky a white aurora glowing around her.

   " Mom! We found him. You can stop now."

She looked down at me and floated downwards. She sat on the edge of the fountain. Then her eyes stopped glowing white. They closed and she fell back. I caught her before she hit the water. I picked her up and carried her to my house.