Breaking and Entering ✔

Chapter 19

At least the throbbing pain in my head stopped. But the reality of the situation is that Kira is supernatural. It's the only explanation. There was no way she could absorb all that electricity and still be perfectly fine.

"So when did you get there?" Agent McCall questions us as we sit on the couch at the police station.

"At the same time," Stiles says.

"At the same time as who?"

"Same time as me," Scott says pointing to himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles questions slowly.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" Agent McCall asks starting to get annoyed.

"Are you asking me?" Scott furrows his brows.

"I think he's asking me,"

"I think he's asking both of you," Lydia concludes.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." Agent McCall pauses before letting out a breath. "Let me ask the questions."

"There you go," I mutter while keeping my other hand on the cloth on my head.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles nods.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles winks at his dad, who is sitting at his desk. Mr. Stilinski lets out a laugh but quickly covers it up as a cough when Agent McCall turns around to look at him. "Stiles, just, uh...just answer the man."

"We made a good guess," Stiles concludes.

Agent McCall looks at me and Kira. "What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating sushi," Kira responds.

"And ice cream," I add. "You see, I helped save her life from a coyote so I got sushi and ice cream."

He blinks slowly before asking another question, "How did you end up at the power station?"

"I was with Stiles and Lydia."

"But you with Kira?" He glances down at his notebook.

"Yeah, I had them pick me up."

He lets out a breath, "What happened to your head?"

"You see," I lean forward in my seat. "The ground and I had a bit of a falling out. And by falling out I mean I fell... into it."

Agent McCall turns around to Mr. Stilinski. "Do you believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Agent McCall questions her. We all sit forward and look at her pointedly.

"Yes." She nods. "Could I get my phone back now?" I glance at the yellow phone sitting in a plastic bag.