Coyote Attack ✔

Chapter 16

"Where do you think Stiles ran off to?" I ask as we continue walking through the forest.

"That way?" He points to the side with a shrug before we run off. My eyes land on a light shining in the trees. Suddenly Scott and someone else screams from next to me. I scream as well and fall to the ground. I look up and glare up at the person responsible.

"Stiles!" I exclaim clutching my heart.

"Oh." He breathes. "It's you."

"No, it's the Easter Bunny." I roll my eyes as Scott helps me back to my feet.

"I think I found something."

"So did I." Scott adds. I follow after them to an opening in the side of a big pile of rocks. I crouch down and look inside. There are clothes and stuffed toys covered in dirt and leaves in the cave.

"A coyote den." Stiles states.

"Werecoyote."

"A were-what?" I ask, furrowing my brows. "Wait, Scott that coyote. It was Malia, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it was. Its eyes glowed blue."

"You see this." Stiles picks up a blue faded jacket. "This was Malia's. Remember, it was the same one she was wearing in the photo."

"She's been staying here as a coyote. This is her den." I murmur.

"Was her den." Scott says holding a teddy bear of Malia's. "We shouldn't be here."

"What do you mean?" Stiles asks.

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere."

I put down the jersey in my hand, "Oh yeah, you're right."

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?"

"I don't know." Scott says.

"Can you track her now?" Stiles asks looking at Scott, then at me. "You think you got her scent?" I pick up the jersey again and give it a sniff. I furrow my brows. I can't pick up anything.

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

"What about you?"

"No, I can't smell anything." Scott turns his gaze to me.

"What about Derek, have you heard anything from him?" Stiles asks.

"Uh, not yet." Scott looks back over to him.

My eyes snap to Scott's, "What do you mean? Derek's not responding?"He shakes his head. I bite my lip as my stomach starts twisting.

He should be answering his phone...

"If we can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help." Scott looks around before turning his gaze back to Stiles. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's." Stiles pats his back before we get out of the den. Stiles quickly calls his dad while I pull out my phone to call Derek.

"The number you have-" I hang up the phone before trying again.

"The number-" I stuff my phone in my pocket as I let out a deep breath.

"Have you tried Peter?" Scott asks walking over to me. I pull out my phone again and dial his number.