"What about the paperwork?"

"There wasn't any." The nurse shook her head.

"And she was operated?"

"She knows the doctor."

"Oh okay, thank you. Can I please see her?"

The nurse nodded slightly and left.

With a relieved sigh, he went in to find darkness, only the bed lamp glowing brightly which outlined the room. He could faintly see the bare walls and blue curtains. A TV was placed in one corner and a tiny couch on the other side near the queen-size bed.

He couldn't help but feel doubts cloud his head.

Did she not trust him enough to let him be with her when she was ill? He was her husband. He had every right.

She is mine. So why?

He walked towards the bed with quiet steps to not disturb her sleep. But what he saw was not what he expected. In the flimsy hospital gown, head resting on the headboard, madame was reading a novel. Her head was wrapped in a bandage so was her right hand. Her right leg was covered in a cast.

Though she didn't look comfortable, she looked peaceful.

Sighing, he slouched on the chair beside her. "You didn't bother to wish me good night?"

Aahana screamed and jumped slightly, her book flying out of her grip. She turned to look at him with eyes big as saucers. "I'm not dreaming, am I?"

Atharva nodded. "Of course you are. Or else how would I be here when you didn't tell me anything."

"Right." Aahana nodded and started to read again.

Atharva stared at her incredulously.

"Oh, hello!" Atharva waved his hand in front of her face and snatched the book from her grip. "How stupid are you? First, you didn't inform anyone and then you switched off your phone."

"Hey, how did you get here?" She poked his arm with a confused look to see if he really was here. "Anyway, I didn't want to worry you all."

"Contacts," he mumbled and looked into her eyes. "You could have called me, Aahana. I was worried about you."

"I'm sorry." Aahana squirmed under his steady gaze. "I didn't want to be a bother, but I promise this won't happen next time."

Atharva shook his head. "You can never be a bother, Aahana, and there isn't going to be any next time. I'll keep you safe from now on."

Aahana smiled and lifted her hand to hold his but ended up wincing in pain.

"Hey, are you okay?" He moved towards her and stroked her cheek.

"Honestly? I feel like shit otherwise absolutely brilliant."

Atharva let out a small laugh and smiled at her with reassurance. "I'll take care of you."

Her eyes suddenly watered and she looked down at her lap, her voice quivering as she spoke. "Y'know to-today when I was brought to the hospital, I-I thought I wouldn't s-survive."

Atharva let out a shaky breath and lifted her chin to face him. "I wouldn't let you go anywhere Aahana." He wiped away her tears with the pad of his thumb and pressed his lips to her forehead.

Aahana buried her face in his chest and nodded quietly. "I love you."

His heart nearly leapt out of his chest after hearing her honeyed words and he shut his eyes in contentment, his arms hugging her closely. "You should rest."