Power #9 ~Fire

They were so close behind, you stumbled and the phoenix on your shoulder almost hobbled off. You caught a hold of it quickly and kept going. Your legs were aching and your lungs burning but you had to run further and further; away from them. The little bird that had just regenerated and was still weak chirped in your hand. You looked down at the little bird whose feathers were still slightly burned. The little bird that was your life; quite literally as well as it held your life in its soul due to a curse that had been laid upon you by destiny. Since it had just regenerated your own powers were weak otherwise you wouldn’t be running from them; them being a group of twelve men (incredibly handsome men at that) who were out to capture her. Suddenly you heard something rush past your head and you felt yourself falling. The sensation of water in your lungs was suffocating you as you looked up at a guy’s face. His hair dyed blond and in a middle parting; his dark eyes cruel but with a slight hint of—regret? You struggled to reach out to the little bird who was stuck in a coat of water that covered his little body like a glove; you summed up the last bits of power you had and cleared your own face.

“Please, please help me. I’m just a fire bender, please.” You pleaded before your power swindled. “Save the bird. Save him.” Was the last thing you could utter before the water closed over your face again and the black engulfed you.

You gasped for breath and sat up frantically.

“Yah, don’t move. I’ll help you.” A very deep voice rang out to your right. You couldn’t see properly; everything was blurry.

“Where is he?” You asked, hearing the panic in your own voice.

“Right here.” The deep voice mumbled and took your hands in his. They were comfortably warm and a second later a little feathery body was laid gently into your hand. You sighed in relief as you felt the tiny, rapid heartbeat against the skin of your palms and lifted the phoenix up to your face to nuzzle your cheek. The bird screeched and you felt a rush of power roll through your veins. Your smile grew as you felt your power ignite your body and soul. You opened your eyes and looked around you; gathered there in a circle were twelve men; the twelve men. You shot up immediately and your hand lit up in fire.

“Why did you help me? Weren’t you supposed to get me?” You asked and turned to the guy who had been kneeling next to you on the ground. He was standing in front of you now and he was so tall that you had to put your head in your neck to look at his face.

“Yes.” His deep voice rumbled. “But only to find out who and what you are; not kill you. The messenger your father sent, lied.” He stated and you stared at him with wide eyes.

“But—“ You stuttered, never letting the fire burn out.

“Put the fire down.” The tall guy ordered and his own hand lit up in a bright orange flame. “I didn’t warm you up to have you burn me.”

“Sorry.” You mumbled and let your hand fall. Your phoenix was back on your shoulder, chirping happily.

“I’m Chanyeol by the way.” The giant flashed the toothiest grin you had ever seen and struck out his hand.

“I’m_______.” You smiled back at him and took his hand. He grinned and let red flames lick up your arm. You laughed out loud and let a pair of light blue flames climb up his.

“Come with us.” He mumbled and pulled you closer and despite knowing that your father would not approve you nodded. He had saved you and he had made you laugh; he had been the fire in the ashes and the new phoenix after the burning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!

Next up in the Power series: Wind

Show your L.O.V.  E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx