Closer Than You Think ~Kris

He was gone. A tear slipped down your cheek and you wiped it away hastily. This time he was gone for sure. You wrapped your arms around your pulled up knees and buried your face in between them. It was pitch black around you; the green grass, the colourful flowers, the trees all black and gone. Just like him.

He’d been here for the summer but he had to go back. You knew that this day would come, but you hadn’t anticipated your feelings. He’d grown up here with you; you could remember all the times you used to lay here with him, on that same piece of meadow just outside of town. It was where you had met him as well; he had been climbing in the trees and when you were underneath it, he’d just dropped down on you. You had hated him for a bit afterwards but soon enough you’d become friends and then—more. All through high school you’d been close; they used to call the two of you Beauty and Beast. He was tall and you were pretty; you never objected, mostly because you didn’t know. It was said behind your backs. He knew though and he never stopped them.

You stared at the high ceiling of the sky above you. The stars sparkled and shone so bright and another memory flooded your mind.

“If you could go anywhere at all; where would you go?” You’d asked him.

“Anywhere?” He’d chuckled. “The Galaxy.” You’d laughed at him. You had been lying in the meadow, staring up at the stars. “Don’t laugh, Stella! I really would! I want to know what’s out there, maybe find some hot alien chick.” He’d joked and you had flicked his forehead. He’d leaned up on his elbows and stared down at you. “You should come with me, you know?” He’d whispered.

“Why?” You’d asked, still laughing slightly.

“I mean, your name is Stella after all.” You had laughed again and he’d stood up, taken your hands and pulled you up with him. Never letting go of your hands, he’d started twirling in the high grass. “You’re like a bright star, you’d fit right into the night sky, but that would mean that I couldn’t come, so you should never go up there. They wouldn’t let you come down again.” He’d shouted and you’d laughed at his silliness.

“Why, Kris?” You mumbled, staring up at the dark sky. You stretched your legs out and fell back into the grass, never letting your eyes stray from the brilliant diamonds in the sky. He had to go back to China; to visit his family, he’d said. But you knew better. He was an idol; you’d seen him on TV. He was on his way to the airport, probably already on the plane, while you were lying in a field, reminiscing over a past that would never become a future. Another tear escaped you but this time you let it roll down your cheekbone and disappear under your ear. You could feel it making its wet-hot path across your skin and soon enough another tear followed and then another, until you couldn’t stop the stream of tears running across you skin and felt them hit the dry grass under your head. You closed your eyes briefly before opening them again; the stars looked slightly blurry through the veil of tears. Blinking rapidly you sat up; it was still dark and even when your tears had dried, you couldn’t see anything. You pulled your knees up again, planning on just sitting there for the rest of the night. A glance at your phone showed you that it was 1am, but you didn’t care. Your parents were already in bed anyways, they wouldn’t notice. They wouldn’t notice Kris was gone, they wouldn’t—Kris was gone. You sighed.

“Why are you so far away my galaxy boy?” You asked into the night sky, your gaze fixed upon the North Star.

“I’m closer than you think.” A deep voice suddenly spoke up. You screamed and whirled around; too fast, you almost fell but a pair of strong arms caught you. You cracked one eye open and looked up into a face you hadn’t dreamed of seeing ever again.

“You—I thought—“, you stuttered.

“I know what you thought, but I couldn’t do it. I was at the airport but—“

“Kris!” You cut him off. “What about your band? What about your career?” You hit his chest lightly.

“Baobei, I don’t care—well I do, but I care about you more. I couldn’t stand being away from you. Honestly, I—just wanted to at least tell you that…” He trailed off and you felt your eyes widen. You didn’t know if he could even see your face but you kept your eyes trained on him, waiting.

“Wo ai ni, baobei.” He finally whispered and you knew enough mandarin to understand what he was saying. Another tear escaped you, but this time he was the one to wipe it away.

“I might have to leave tomorrow or the day after, but at least I got to tell you. I will always be closer than you think, Stella. Always.” He whispered and leaned down to capture your lips in a sweet, sweet kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed that~ :D

I apologise in advance: I'm probably going to be very slow with updates, because I have to somehow get my driver's license.... Ah~ the theory is killing me, honestly! -.-

I will try my best though! 

Show your L.O.V.   E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx