Power #6 ~Time Control

„It can't be." Tao whispered, clutching his power sign.

"What is it?" Suho walked over to him; the twelve of them were in their training room to perfect the control over their powers.

"I-nothing." He shrugged Suho off and stormed out of the training room. His eleven best friends stared off after him, before they decided it would be best if they followed him; knowing that Tao could be very hot headed sometimes. They followed Tao through the city until they reached the park at the south end of the city's boundaries. There in the shadow of the mighty oak, a girl stood as if she was waiting for him.

Tao knew that his hyungs were following him, so when he finally saw her underneath the tree, he stopped the time around him and walked towards her. He wasn't surprised when she wasn't frozen in time, but just waited for him to come up to her. She smirked.

"How can this be? I'm the only one with control over time." He said; his voice dangerously low as he stood right in front of her.

"Think again, Mr Smarty-pants. You were never alone. I was always there; you just never acknowledged my existence. Look back in the past and remember." She snapped her fingers and he was thrown back in time.

His acceptance into The Academy; he saw himself standing there with the other Chinese boys who had come with him and there in the far end corner of the courtyard, the girl. He was picked up again and thrown into another time.

He was training how he could expand his abilities so he could take other people out of the space-and-time-complex with him and there next to the abandoned piano in the corner; the girl. The training room blurred and he was transported into yet another time.

His graduation from the Lower Academy; he was on the stage, receiving his award and the girl was there yet again, only five spaces after him. How could he not remember her? Her dark hair hung down her back and her eyes were a piercing golden colour; nothing unnatural for the students in The Academy but her eyes looked-alive.

Suddenly he was in a seemingly endless darkness and she appeared in front of him.

"You see? I have always been there; you just didn't see me." She whispered and held out her hand towards him. He wanted to say something, but suddenly he was falling. Falling deeper into the darkness, until the darkness gave way to light and he was in one of the south-eastern gardens of The Academy. It was spring-time and the trees were in bloom; the light pink blossoms floating through the air, gracing the paths and landing prettily on the people who walked underneath them. He was walking along the path with Kris, on his way to yet another training session. He could now see her sitting on one of the benches beneath a beautiful Magnolia tree; there was a stray little cherry blossom in her dark hair and he had to resist the urge to reach out.

"Why did I not see you? I didn't even know you existed! How?!" He shouted out when he found himself in the darkness again, but she wasn't there. He shouted into dark abyss without answer.

Suddenly he was back in park underneath the oak tree; she stood in front of him, a sad smile on her lips.

"Do you see now? I have always been there." She turned towards the oak and let her hand glide over the rough bark. "But nobody wanted you to know. Nobody wanted me near you. Nobody wanted me to be there too. You were the special child. You were The On. You were the one with the ultimate control. And then there was me. A duplicate. A fake. The unwanted one." She still had her back towards him and was now looking at him over her shoulder. "The forgotten one." Her voice was barely a whisper but Tao felt another stream of time catch him and he was transported into yet another time.

He was only a child and to his surprise there was another child in the bed next to him; a girl. He was sleeping but she was awake. He recognised her eyes immediately, it was her. She got up and carefully padded over to his bed. She lifted the covers and crawled in. Tao's eyes widened when little-him just opened his eyes briefly and then let her snuggle up to him. He was pulled out of the children's bedroom to a big, imposing room which he recognised as his father's study. He frowned when he saw that the room was empty but soon enough the heavy doors flew open and a younger version of his father stormed in, followed by his mother and the girl. The girl was crying while his mother dragged her along by her little arm, scolding her.

"We have to do something about this. She can't be allowed to-"

"I know." His father's deep voice cut through his mother's. His face grave when he kneeled down in front of the girl. "My child-", he whispered and Tao took a step backwards. Child? "I am so very sorry, daughter." He looked away from her face as new tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"Father-", she whispered, but he only put a hand on her head and suddenly she was gone. Tao swallowed hard and was just about to leave of his own accord when the door flew open again.

"______! _____! Where is she? What have you done to her? She's my sister." Tao's eyes grew wide when he saw a young version of himself run into the room. _______? Sister?

"Tao, come here." His father said slowly and took his hand. His mother was close behind little Tao as he grasped his father's hand and followed him behind the desk. His mother had a slightly pained expression on her face as she raised her hands and put them on Tao's head. The little boy stopped half way through asking where his sister was and stilled.

"What am I doing here?" He asked his father. "I was just outside playing with the dog." Tao watched as a confused expression crossed over his younger versions face and the slightly pained expression on his parents' faces.

"Wha-what did I just see? I have a sister? You are my sister?" He asked as soon as he was back in the present. The girl was still standing with her back to him, when he reached out to touch her, she backs away from him.

"I am; your twin sister to be exact. The only difference is that I got my powers before you but Mother and Father needed you to get them first." She smiled a sad, nostalgic smile. "So I went to live with our Aunt, far away from you and you were made to forget. But I still remember. I remember the fun we used to have. I remember you and I cried every day because they made you forget about your sister; the one who loved you most." She stepped forwards. "What they didn't know at the time was that I was even stronger. I have power over memories, not only time." She laughed bitterly. "Not that it helped me. It only made it worse, because I could remember everything even clearer. Father still doesn't want me near you and mother-don't even get me started. The only person that loves me is my aunt; our parents never liked that I was older than you anyway, even if it was by a mere ten minutes." She laughed yet again bitterly. Tao had the urge to hug her and never let her go.

"I-want to remember." He whispered and she sent him a smile.

"That's why I called you here. I have waited long enough. I want my brother back. I want to feel complete again." She stepped towards him and lifted her hands to his head, just like he had seen his mother do in the memory.

He gasped when she removed her hands from his head. He remembered her.

"________ noona-", he whispered; remembering how he had always called her that, just for fun and engulfed her in a hug.

And it was as if time stopped for good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one was a bit longer, but the storyline was abit more complicated too~ hehe

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Next up in the Power Series: Healing

Show your L.O.V. E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx