36

It was the year 2018. I just turned 20 with this curse of mine. The curse of medusa. It gets passed down to all the women in my family. It only allows the parents of the child to have one girl and it'll curse the boy born before or after the child.

So my little brother was cursed and turned into stone right after our birth. My mother cried for awhile But she didn't blame me at all, she blamed the curse that had been passed down for generations.

"Y/n sweetheart, please promise me to not turn anyone into stone, Dont look into their eyes, wear sunglasses at all times"

I did as she wanted for years but i couldn't handle being ignited and downgraded for my powers so i went away and disappeared for years.

My mother tried racing out but i already left where she would find me.

The last time we spoke was little over a month ago. Her last words made me feel better yet lose all hope.

"Find the man that doesn't become infected by your curse..he'll break it like he did with mine though it still return to your children"

..............

Now a month later Im still searching but am now in hiding .  somehow my secret had been let out and im being hunted down by This group of 14 men.

I had turned 6 of them into stone out of pure fright. They came out of nowhere and my snakes had helped me by hissing more louder than usual.

I never expected to be hunted down by people of my fathers race. My mother always told me that humans were nice. But it all seems like a lie now.

I attacked a few more the week after leaving around 3 left. From what I remember their names are Jungkook,Namjoon and i think Taeyon.

I remember that namjoon is the one that sets up traps and is the smartest while jungkook and taeyong are the muscles of the group.  I had managed some time ago to give them a disadvannntage by putting their guns in a deadly viper snake pit awhile ago.

Just today i had killed taeyong since he chased me and had taken off my glasses breaking them in the process.

The jungkook fellow, i managed to knock out and bring to my hide out.
His eyes were closed the while time. I sat in front of him as we sat in an old run down temple. My hair of snakes hissed warily at him. It was as if they told him no sudden moves.

"Aren't you going to kill me? I mean it would be a thing you do right? You killed over 12 men in total."

When he brought up those numbers i shake my head on instinct ripping my jacket just a little young a cloth around my eyes tying it in a knot.

I hissed slightly telling my hair to warn me of any danger which they would do willfully.

"You..can open your eyes i covered mine so you wont turn into stone i promise"

I could  hear jungkook shuffle into a comfortable position. My hair full of venomous vipers told me so. Once he opened his eyes i held out a hand trying to find his own.

"Im y/n..y/n l/n a victim of the medusa gorgon curse for this generation"

I felt jungkook's hand hesitantly grab mine. He shakes it and lets it go with ease giving me question after question while i give him answer after answer.

He had came to trust me once realizing i wasn't asking for trouble. I told him how my brother was cursed to death in stone and how i was born this way without a choice. He seemed to understood.

After what seemed like weeks namjoon finally found him walking around freely in my hideout.

Jungkook and me were talking by a small pond of water in the middle of this temple that showed rainbow and koi fish.

When suddenly a gunshot rang out.  I widened my eyes behind the same cloth feeling a burning sensation in my back as tears fell down my face.

Jungkook turned away from me and turned to see namjoon. The snakes that i called hair suddenly became out of control and wanted to kill anyone including jungkook.

I heard jungkook shuffle away while running while i tried calming down my only friends.

I took the cloth off of my face and looked immediately down not trying to turn anyone into stone.

I grabbed a knife in the ground and began to cut the snakes in one swing. It didn't hurt at first but once i heard another gunshot ring out i stopped letting the last snake fall and i turned to see jungkook holding the gun at namjoon.

"Hyung stop it! She isn't all that she seems to be! Im still alive aren't i?"

"Jungkook! She killed the others!"

"Out of instinct you idiot! Wouldn't you do the same if you had a family to go back home to?!"

I watched jungkook throw the gun down as he suddenly came to me. He cupped my face in his hands as he looked at my hair.

"It's turning into stone..and so is your whole body"

Jungkook looked me in my eyes before looking away. He seemed to not care about himself starting into my green eyes since he was turning into stone as well. He. Felt my blood ooze onto his hand and he tried turning me around but couldn't.

The effects of my Curse was already getting to him. If only i could help him. But i couldnt since i was turning into stone also.

Jungkook suddenly. Grunted in pain as another gunshot rang out. I widened my eyes and looked straight at namjoon with pain evident in my eyes. 'why' is all i thought before he turned to stone falling down the stairs. When he made it to the bottom his face was frozen in fear.

Jungkook made me look at him and he gave me a kiss. I returned it before letting a tear roll down my cheek. We both turned into stone slowly to be forgotten.

...........

Months later the woman who was y/n's mother paid tribute to her daughter.

She was seen holding another baby but this time it wasn't her own but her younger siblings.

The woman prayed for forgivness to the one and only medusa for her daughters actions that costed a whole new generation of medusa like babies.

She smiled when the baby had turned into a medusa descendant herself and she raised her dress holding the baby with pride.

"This chain will remain forever, ill make sure of it....mother"

The woman paid her last respect to medusa's statue such was actually her set into stone.

...........

The End 🌈