Chapter 38 - A Crate Full

~Clarke's POV~

At some point last night, we fell asleep. Our legs tangled and my chest sprawled across his. Fingers grasped together tightly and soil covering our clothes.

It was only when the sun came crashing through the light green canopy that I was woken by the soft kiss of Bellamy's lip against mine. And it was then that for the first time in a long time I forgot everything but him.

I forgot about all the hate and anger I have for myself, I forgot about the ache of hunger in my stomach. I forgot about the guilt.

"Good morning." I hear him say his voice husky as I sit up and place a gentle kiss to his lips in return. Their plump redness making me smile as I hold his cheek in my hands.

"Good morning." I say back with a smile as I trace a finger down his jaw, his stubble tickling my finger. I gaze into those beautiful eyes of his and I'm afraid I might get lost as he stares back at me.

"Hungry?" He asks, and I nod eagerly at the mention of food. I see him smirk at me and I smile back getting off his chest and standing up, I extend my hand and he takes it. I pull him up and we make our way over to the dropship.

Our feet land on the newly grown grass and I gaze in awe at the flowers covering our new found home. Madi no doubt is already awake, if she hasn't already she will be looking for this place, it's only a matter of time before she can see the thing that brought us all down here. 

I walk into the dropship first, Bellamy not too far behind, we are immediately met with a sleeping Murphy slouched up against one of the metal walls. An empty cup beside him and the latch to the bottom of the drop ship still open. The bottom floor a mess of blankets and tarps we didn't know we would come back for.

"I will wake the others." I say as I glance at Bellamy. Finding his hand and giving it an encouraging squeeze. He nods at me and I walk to the ladder climbing up to the second floor. I see the remainder of the 100 bundled together against walls and creates. Covered in blankets.

Bellow I can hear Bellamy and Murphy talking and the sound of metal against metal. I peer down the shaft and see Bellamy shifting the metal hatch away from the entrance and against the wall. The abbs I know are hidden under his jacket and shirt flexing through the fabric.

I walk over to Raven, surprised she was able to make it up the ladder. I smile and walk over shaking her shoulder lightly. She gives me a groan and tries to swipe away my hand but eventually opens her eyes.

"Good morning." I say helping her to her feet. She gives me a smile and rakes her hand over her head smoothing out her hair.

"Good morning to you too." She says with a half yawn stretching her arms up to the ceiling before glancing around at the others.

Against the other walls lay, Monty and Harper resting in each other's laps. Little smiles showing through their sleepy faces. Against a crate sleeps Emori wrapped in two orange blankets.

I glance at the bright orange material and then at the remaining seats and belts strapped to the walls around us. This whole ship just a subtle reminder of the innocent people we were all those years ago. I try to remember the first breath of air I took. The first real breath.

The way I could almost taste the trees in the air. Where as on the Ark we could taste the metal that drifted through the oxygen supply and the smell of antiseptic everywhere we would turn.

Sometimes I wonder if this is all a dream. That I will wake up at any second and find myself back in my cell. With the charcoal drawings around me painting the walls.

But then something happens like the death of the friend. A death by my hand. But the guilt and hatred for myself remind me that this is all real. For the people like Bellamy I pray every day I won't wake up from this dream.

Because without them this would be a nightmare.

I look behind me and see a stirring Miller leaning slouched against the metal wall. His guards uniform covering his shoulders and chest.

"Miller." I go up to him and slightly shake his shoulder. His eyes flutter open and a sleepy smile curves on his lips.

"Hey Clarke." He says getting to his feet. I hug him tightly and pat his back slightly. Happy to see him here with us.

I look behind me and see Raven and Emori waking Monty and Harper and I make my way back down the ladder and towards Bellamy. My stomach swells at just the thought of him now. In a world with so much hurt and suffering I never though I could find someone I could love again.

I am so grateful for Lexa and for Finn. The taught me how to love.

I step down the last rung and land with a clang on the metal of the dropship, The crates and boxes littering the floor shaking slightly.

"Watch it." I hear a voice from under me, I peer across the room and see the metal tile where Bellamy and Murphy have slipped under the floor. I walk over and peer down into the darkness before slipping down feet first.

"Bellamy?" I ask into the darkness. I few seconds pass with no answer and I start to panic before a hear a flick deep in the dark.

Light blinds me and I stumble back into a wall I don't remember being there. That is until I feel the wall latch around me with strong arms. I kick at the shins of the person behind me and reach into the darkness.

My heart beats a hundred miles an hour as I find what I hope is the handle of a sword in the dark. I hold it out in front of me and several more lights flash on at once. My breath comes out in gasps as I panic.

But then I see his damn smirk and my fear turns to anger.

"She's got that killer instinct." Says a voice behind me and I spin around to see a giddy Murphy leaning up against a stack of crates. A black flashlight in his hand. I glare at him and turn back to Bellamy.

"Not funny." I mumble shoving the sword back into the crate I found it in. He walks up to me with a small glint in his eye and all that anger I had seems to disappear like fog. I smile up at him and his hands land on my shoulders.

I place my hands on his forearms and smile at up him as he smirks down on me. He bends down placing a loving kiss to my fore head. I close my eyes and live in the feeling of having his lips linger on my forehead.

"Ok love birds enough if enough." Says Murphy from behind us. I manage a stiff laugh but turn back to Bellamy his thumb stroking my cheek.

"My Princess." He mumbles under his breath. His husky voice rattling my bones as he pulls me in by the waist and into a hug. His arms wrapping around me protectively. I smile as that word bounces off the walls of my skull and finds its way to my heart.

Princess

Only two more chapters to go guys! HOPE YOU LOVES THIS IF YOU DID COMMENT AND VOTE!!!

-RFRC