Chapter 3 - Reunited

~Bellamy's POV~

I hear her voice echo across the crater.

In this very moment I don't ever hear or remember learning the word hesitation.

I don't have control over my legs or my body because before I know it I'm racing towards her. Faster than I think I have ever ran before, my legs hitting the ground and printing my footprints into the soft soil. I jump over a log and tumble over a small dip before racing up the small incline.

I see her getting closer and closer, then I see the gun drop and a smile stretch across her face, her eyes glowing the colour of the sky above me. Her hair the perfect lengh exposing her features and beautiful smile.

My feet don't stop moving, I continue to sprint towards her, my heart beat racing and my mind set on getting to her.

I can't stop myself because before I know it I'm smashing into her small from and strapping my arms around her in a tight hug. We fall to the ground and I feel her laughing into my neck, her smile contagious.

I feel myself smile and I let out a shaky breath that I didn't know I had been holding. I squeeze tighter making sure she's real and that she's actually here with me, sure enough she is, right here where she's meant to be. In my arms.

I breath in her rich sent, just like it was the day I left her, the day I should have stayed with her, the day I should have forgotten Murphy and should have gone with her. To the tower, I could have helped, we could have gotten back before the rocket had taken off, we could have both made it.

But it doesn't matter now, because she's right here with me.

I feel her breathe out onto my neck and it sends shivers down my spine.

"You're here" She says into my neck making me hug her tighter, one hand around her back the other around her head.

I nod and smile. "Yeah, I'm here." I say back giving her a quick squeeze. I feel her squeeze back and hug tighter.

"Clarke." Says a voice from behind us. I quickly look up to find a pair of green eyes staring at me. A light grey beanie covering the top of her head and braided pieces of hair falling to the sides of her small face.

I slightly let go of Clarke but not completely, just in case.

"Madi, this is Bellamy." Says Clarke still in my arms.

"Bellamy from the stories?" She asks her face lighting up with a smile.

I look back to Clarke and I see her nod at who I assume is Madi. I slightly move away from Clarke and move to my feet then help her up from the ground catching her in one last hug.

I look to Madi and I see her blush and I give her a small smile.

"Bellamy this is Madi, we have been down here together." says Clarke walking over to Madi and swinging an arm around the young girl. I nod and look behind me at the others.

I watch as Raven rips off her suit and throws dirt up into the air, remembering how good it feels, and now does feel. I see Emori and Echo kneeling on the ground and praying to what I assume are Grounder gods for getting them back to Earth.

Monty and Harper a mess on the ground and Murphy, his hands in his pockets staring up into the sky. Where we had just been stranded for over 1000 days.

"Madi, this is your family." Says Clarke from behind me, gesturing to the others down on the fresh soil of planet earth.

~~

I smile and look next to me to see Clarke and a full plate of food, earth is giving back.

I look into the flames of the fire and across them to the others, Raven with a smile still on her face and Monty and Harper's hands still firmly grasped like they are going to be taken apart.

I watch as Murphy throws a piece of fat into the fire and I go to yell at him before remembering the roast we have cooking over the fire this very second, this is the most I have had to eat since I can remember, living on algae and 4 millimetres of water a day can have some down sides.

I look over to Echo and see a knife in her hand, how she got it I have no idea, I will have to ask Clarke about weapons later.

"Why not sooner?" Says Clarke to the whole group. I hear the chatter fall silent and then I hear Raven speak up.

"We had fuel problems first, then parts off the rocket were breaking, then there was the radiation problem." Says Raven from her place on a log across from me.

"It was safe to come down a year ago." Says Clarke back, her eyes not so warm anymore.

"Nightblood." Snickers Emori from Murphy's side a piece of meat in her fingers.

"We were just making sure, we were always going to come down." Says Monty leaning into Harper.

The circle goes quiet for a second and I feel the need to speak.

"As long as I knew you were alive down here, I wasn't going to let you stay down here alone." I say keeping my eyes on the fire. I have learnt to show Clarke my venerability, I'm not so sure about the others.

And then it hits me, the only other person I can open up too, isn't here.

"Octavia" I say silently, my gaze moving from the fire to the new earth under my feet.

"Bellamy I-" I feel Clarkes hand rest on my shoulder and I shut my eyes closed and re-open them, pushing it down.

"I know, but we can still try." I say. Placing my plate of food on the log next to me. "I'm going for a walk." I say before getting up and wondering off into the trees.

~Clarke's POV~

I watch Bellamy get up and walk off into the darkness and feel my heart sink, I just got him back, I can't lose him again.

"How was space?" I ask trying to start a new conversation after the last one burned out like Praimfaya.

"Cold, and crappy." Says Monty poking the fire with a stick.

"It was like being back in lock up, but this time just with friends." Says Murphy smiling over at Emori.

I look over to Echo and see her playing with one of my knives. I watch as she carelessly throws with it between her hands then stabs it into the ground.

"Being up there made me wish I had died in Praimfaya." Says Echo bluntly, looking me straight in the eyes with an icy glare.

Leave a review, they help make the chapters even better, thanks.

-RFRC