Chapter 27 - Last Floor

~Bellamy's POV~

I watch Clarke walk ahead of me and I quickly walk up to her as I watch her grip on her gun adjust.

"Thanks." I say walking beside her and holding up the small black box, my finger on the small button that sets off the bright blue electric current, the sting it sends through your muscles like a thousand needles being jabbed into you.

"Thank me when we get out of here." She says walking up to the elevator and pressing the up button. Nick beside one of the Grounders and the rest following.

"You won't escape." Says a familiar voice behind me. I turn around and see who I now know as James standing in the middle of the hall. His hands trickled with Clarkes blood. He is lucky I didn't punch him square in the jaw after doing that to her. He's lucky I'm not lunging at him now.

"You'll be surprised." I say to him. "Lets go." I say to the others packing them into the elevator. The last thing I see before the doors close, James dark brown eyes looking at me through the small crack slowly getting smaller as the doors close.

I look around at everyone in the elevator, and soon my eyes land on Clarke. The lab coat and clothes of the people who live here looking out of place on her. Like something she wouldn't usually wear but would have had to if she stayed on the Ark.

"What's the plan." I say looking to her. I watch as her eyes look up to mine and I see the same determination I have seen so many times before. The eyes that told me we were getting out of this time and time before in every situation we have been in together.

"Exit the elevator at floor 2. Run past a closet on the way to the exit, grab my stuff and leave." I hear her say looking to everyone in the elevator. I watch as her eyes land on nick and a slight rain of concern flushes over them.

"Nick will stick with me." I say hoping to reassure her that this will work. I watch her nod and tighten her grip on her gun before looking to the others.

"Ready?" She asks taking a deep breath. I nod to her and I watch as one by one the others nod. I hear the small ring of the elevator door and soon the doors are sliding open.

I watch as the Grounders go first then Clarke, followed by Nick then finally me.

We all race down the hall, our steps echoing down the tilled hall . I look up ahead now beside Clarke and watch as people form where I'm guessing is a living or dining space start to yell and point at us as the oddly dressed middle-aged men and the with a gun girl run towards them, one holding a weapon and the other letting a child get to follow them.

I watch as Clarke runs into the crowd and keeps running, past a large group of tables and through more people. All of us keeping close behind her, then we see the first of the guards.

I watch as they all reach for their belts and pull out the black boxes, as far as I know they can only use them at arm's length, perfect for us. That is until I see a guard pull out a gun and point it straight at Clarke.

I run ahead at full speed, my feet pounding on the concreate floors and pull her backwards and into my chest before ducking behind a corner, then followed by everyone else. My back slams into the wall and I feel the past few breaths of air leave my lungs as I feel Clarke huff against me, her breathing ragged just like mine.

I pull in air and realise the arm around Clarke making sure she is ok, she might be the commander of death, but she can't dodge deaths bullets. Especially if one is aimed at her by a trained guard.

"Ok time for a plan." I say looking to everyone. I watch as everyone nods just like before and I nod back in understanding.

"The tasers, they can be fired I think, like a bullet." Says Nick smaller than everyone else.