Chapter 7 - Only Metal

~Bellamy's POV~

I don't hesitate and leap into the hole.

I land next to Emori and soon Clarke is by my side, a smile spreading across her face her eyes as blue as the sky above us, the sun scorching our skin like the landscape around us. I watch her help Emori to her feet and we all stand looking over the bunker hatch, the metal blending in with the grey.

"Now what?" Asks Harper throwing her shovel to the ground and looking at the bunker. I look to Clarke and I see her looking at it like it's a problem, a big one. One that will take a lot of effort to be solved, one that maybe can't be solved.

I look around at everyone else and see the same blank expressions. I sigh and slam my foot down on the bunker hatch before running a hand through my hair.

How could I have not though of this? I couldn't hear Octavia from the outside of the bunker and she was yelling to come inside, hell, they probably couldn't hear the screams of the ones who were chosen to be left behind.

Burned by the death wave.

I walk a few paces away from the bunker before looking back to its metal casing. "Can we make enough noise?" I ask everyone. No one answers for a few secnds before Monty speaks up.

"They probably didn't even hear the death wave, there is about four levels of concreate between us and the living quarters." Says Monty tapping on the metal with his boot. I shake my head and look to the ground.

"The only sound these people have been hearing are the sounds from the loud speakers, around the bunker..." He says looking to the steel door wide eyed his voice fading away in thought.

I look back at him knowing that face. "What can you do?" I say trying not to sound to desperate.

"I can transmit a high-pitched sound through the loud speakers with the rover battery." He says smiling. "It will hopefully make it to the loud speakers and we might be able to communicate through a Morse code type thing." He says smiling at the rest of us.

I look to Clarke behind me and I see her face drop. "Clarke?" I ask a little confused as to why she is not smiling like the rest of us.

"How much battery will be left?" She asks folding her arms over her chest.

"Depends how long they take to open the hatch. I can leave enough to get back but judging how none of us are sick and it has been a few hours, I think were immune. We could get them out then lead them back to the forest" Says Monty. I wait for an answer from Clarke and hear a shuffle of feet.

"If they even open it." Says Echo and I freeze. I slowly turn around and look to Clarke, a knife to her throat Echo's hand clamped tightly around the handle. I step away and look to the others who are just as confused as I am.

"Echo, put the knife down." I say placing my arms in the air.

"Any closer and she dies." She's says warningly. I stop in my tracks and look to Clarke. Her face so calm like she isn't in a life-threatening situation. I take a sharp breath when I see Echo press the knife into her skin, a drip of Clarke's blood dripping down her neck.

I watch Clarke wince and I stop myself from leaping form Echo and finishing the job on her.

"If you open that Bunker, I will have no Clan to return to. Roan banished me, I will not be welcomed into any other clans." She says keeping the knife at Clarkes neck.

"You know you could have joined our crew but after doing this it's a no." Says Murphy standing in front of Emori. I look back to Clarke and see the panic in her eyes and admire how it isn't shown in any other ways.

"What do you want Echo?" I ask placing my arms to my sides.

"For you to leave." She says the single drop of blood still dripping down Clarke's neck leaving a black trial.

I look to the others and they look just as confused as me, what does she mean leave? Leave the small camp we have back at the forest. Leave earth?

"What do you mean?" Asks Harper.

"I mean leave here and never come back." She says keeping the knife at Clarke's throat.

"And what's to stop us from shooting you in the head once you give us back Clarke?" asks Emori taking the rifle from Murphy and pointing it at Echo's head. I watch a sickly grin cover her face and I want to hit it off her face.

"Madi, the young night blood." She says looking to the rest of us. I watch Clarke struggle against Echo and watch her eyes tear up. "If you ever return I won't hesitate to spill her blood instead of Clarke's" She says two more drops of Clarke's blood dripping down her own neck meeting the first at the base of her collar bone.

My eyes leave Clarkes for only a second before resting on a figure at the top of the pile above us before they land back on Clarke, I knew we were missing someone, Raven.

I look to Echo and look her dead in the eyes. "No." I say simply.

"Bellamy." I hear Clarke say begging me to agree. I smirk and say it again.

"No." Echo looks confused by this and straightens up surprised not to get her way. I smirk and shake my head while Raven smashes a metal shovel into the side of Echo's head sending her tumbling to the ground, Clarke falling with her.

I catch Clarke before she hits the ground and bring her to her feet. I lift her chin and look to the small cut across her neck and drop her chin. "You'll survive." I say while looking to Raven limping over Echo's body. A large bleeding gash running across the side of her head and the knife now only a piece of metal on the ash covered ground.

"What would you do without me?" Says Raven limping over to the bunker entrance. I smile and look to the locked bunker door bringing me back to reality. What we really have to deal with is waiting right in front of us.

"Now I think we have some work to do." Says Raven bending down to tighten her leg brace before looking to the rest of us standing around the bunker door.

I know I said I would do a Blake reunion this chapter, but there's plenty of time for that. Please leave a review, I love reading your comments!

-RFRC