Christmas with the Freaks-pt. 1

Hey everyone! I'm back from camp! Just shredded the gnar, brah! Haha :P

Anywayyy... I have extreme writer's block, but I wanted to upload sooo badly!!! Here's the first part of the Christmas chapter-the second part should be up soon! 

Got some great feedback and suggestions for my story...i.e.: more description

I will definitely add more description to this book, and I hope you guys like it! Thanks for the comments, votes, reads, and fans!!!! I wuv you!

<3 graciegray

*******

I slid my finger under the cardboard flap of a Rice Krispies box and opened it. I poured the cereal into a chipped ceramic bowl and sleepily splashed in some milk. 

Grabbing a spoon and sprinkling some sugar over my Rice Krispies, I trudged over to the table and sat down with a thump. 

I stirred my cereal around in the bowl while I tried to wake up. I rubbed my eyes and ran my hand through my messy brown waves of bed-head. 

"Good morning, sunshine!" A warm, familiar voice said. 

I smiled and looked up as Francesco walked into the kitchen. 

"Morning," I replied, my mouth stretching into a wide yawn. 

Francesco chuckled. "Not awake yet, I'm guessing?" he asked. 

"Mmm," I moaned, sliding my cereal to the side and burying my head in my arms.

I could hear Francesco walk over to the table and slide into a chair next to me. He scooted it closer, and I could sense his thoughts hesitate for a second before he put an arm around my shoulders.

I looked up at him and smiled slightly, gazing into his deep amber eyes. I let my eyes roam around his face, taking in the way his cocoa-colored hair feathered softly around his ears; how his nose was adorably upturned slightly at the tip. My eyes finally rested on his lips, which had felt so soft on mine last week. 

My heart fluttered at the memory from last Saturday, and I quickly flashed my gaze away from Francesco. 

"What is it?" he asked me, removing his arm from my shoulders and crossing them on the table. 

"Oh, nothing," I replied. "Just thinking about last week. I just want to say...thanks...for everything. It was really great."

He beamed. "Of course," he said. "It was really no trouble--I had Marcus, remember?"

Francesco smirked, proud that he had been able to use his powers to give me a sort of  sense of revenge over my bully. 

I laughed, remembering the mindless Marcus from our date. "Oh, yeah, that's right," I said. 

"Yeah," Francesco said. 

I pulled my Rice Krispies back to me and took a bite of the soggiest pieces. Don't ask me why, but I think soggy Rice Krispies are one of the best foods in the world, right behind waffles. My eyes fluttered closed and I smiled. 

I chewed my cereal, aware of Francesco watching me with amusement. I turned to him.

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled and shook his head. "You're so cute when you eat."

I felt my cheeks flush. "Uh, thanks," I said, finishing my cereal and getting up to rinse my bowl. I dropped it into the dishwasher and shut it with a click. 

I returned to the table, and sat down. 

"So," Francesco said. "Are you excited for Christmas?"