Epilogue

A lot has happened over the past two years. I turned eighteen in April and last week I graduated high school with honors. Hayden and I are engaged. I know it seems sudden but we know we are made for each other. We just really get each other after all we have been through so much. We are planning the wedding in the fall.

My dad turns out to be a really good dad and he does everything possible to make up for everything. He never wanted to leave us to begin with but our moma pushed him away. He signed the kids up for ball and is even trying to help coach the team.

Isabella is also a really good mother and she has been great with all of us and so understanding. River and Dawn has already started calling her mom but Storm and I still have a hard time with that, and she is alright with us calling her Izzy like our dad.

I was really surprised when she asked Dawn if she wanted to start taking dance class with Bethany. 

Storm has another year of school. He is playing on the basketball team and has a girlfriend that gets along with all of us. River and Dawn are also doing well. They are actually going great in school and making new friends. So much has changed since then.

I still to this day have not gone to see my moma and don't know if I ever will. And yes I still have nightmares. I don't have them every night but when I do have them someone is always there to sit up with me and hold me. Most of the time it is Storm but occasionally my dad will come in. Yes I am letting him hug me now. It took awhile to build his trust with me, but I know he would never hurt me. And now that Hayden and I are moving in with each other he will be there to hold me at night.

Today we are at the tattoo shop. We have been contemplating on the best way to cover the scars. At first I was going to do the surgery but when the doctors were talking about laser resurfacing and skin grafting and then the cost of it all, I opt out for getting a tattoo instead.

"So what do you want?" Asks Hayden, while we are looking around the room.

"Maybe you should get a tiger or a snake and wrap it around you," says Storm. His girlfriend Summer shakes her head while rolling her eyes. For done reason Summer and I bump heads every now and then. I think it's because I just want the very best for Storm.

I pull Hayden close to me. "What about this?" I point to the art work on the wall.

"You sure that's what you want?"

"Yes...this is the one."

I go to the tattoo artist and tell him what I want. The tree will go all the way down my side and the way it is made will hide the scars. It looks twisted and crooked and I feel like it will represent the past. He says that it will take a few weeks to look like that but that is alright because I will wait as long as I have to.

A month later I got the other side done with a different tree with cherry blossoms flowers. It looks rough at the moments but it will heal and I will try to heal with it. No one would ever know what I really look like; well except for Hayden he knows every inch of me.

Two weeks before our wedding day, we go back to the tattoo shop and get tattoos on our arm.

His says... "My heart starts to pound"

And mine says, "to the rhythm of yours."

We are made for each other and I know he is the one that will always be there for me and I will always be there for him. My beautiful freak gets me...and loves me for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I had pictures of the two tattoo's she got on her side, but having trouble uploading, sorry..

Well this is the end of the story, thanks to all of you that took your time out to read my story it really does mean a lot to me.

The tattoo at the top is Liberty Star's and Hayden's...they were meant for each other!

** Also kids get abused everyday and sometimes it goes unnoticed by those around them, even in the same home. If you or someone you know is getting abused please say something and try to get help. Whatever choice you make there are people out there that truly care for you and there are organizations, and agencies that can make sure you get some support and help.