Shopping at the Mall

On Saturday morning I wake up a little late, but no one seems to mind. I guess staying up plate playing meant you could sleep in late the next day. After a very late breakfast we all load up in the Range Rover and head out to the mall.

Mr. Shaw and Hayden go one way, while Mrs. Shaw and I go our separate way. Now I know you would laugh at this but I ain't never been in a mall. I have never seen so many stores in one building before and so many people.

Growing up, momma never took us anywhere. Well actually that's a lie, we did go to the local Goodwill stores like maybe twice a year and that was only on the first Saturday of the month due to the fact that was when they had a special with fifty percent off of everything. We never tried on clothes either; momma would hold them up against us and say, "Yep that looks like it will fit."

So growing up wearing Goodwill clothes got lots of laughs from the kids at school. It's not like they would know where we got the clothes but then again it wasn't name brand or even clothes from Wal-Mart.

Mrs. Shaw watches me as I am looking at the prices at this store called, 'Aeropostale'. "Star, don't worry about the price dear. You need clothes and that is why we are here. Believe me; Mr. Shaw is alright with us shopping."

Even though she tells me not to worry, I do anyway. I don't like handouts and I be damned if I was going to buy a freaking top that is over fifty dollars. I don't say anything; instead I look around the store and make my way back to the Clearance section. Mrs. Shaw is too busy looking for herself so she doesn't notice the price tags.

She sees me holding three items and asks, "Would you like to try those on first?"

"I'm sure they will fit."

"I'm sure they will, but let's just try them on in case you decide you don't like it after all alright." She heads to the back of the store where it says Dressing Room on the wall. She goes in one stall and I go in the one beside her. I try on the clothes and they fit great. So this is what it's like to try on clothes, cool. I quickly take the clothes off and place them back on the hanger and get dressed. When I come out Mrs. Shaw is waiting on me.

"So they fit alright, sweetie," she says softly.

"Yes."

"Alright then, let's go get in line to pay for it."

Mrs. Shaw and I go to several stores, that I am sure she's may have gone several times too, but this was my first time ever and some of the store names where weird names like, Abercrombie and Fitch, Gap, Forever 21, Hollister, and American Eagle, not to mention a really cool store, Victoria Secret. I just can't get over the feeling of the softness of the material of undergarment.

I have several bags and trying to juggle all of them, I probably look funny. So Mrs. Shaw asks if I want to take them all out to the Range Rover and then come back in. Since I have a lot of clothes now, she says I could use a good pair of shoes. She takes me to Nike first and I get a really cool pair of running shoes that were neon green and grey. Then she takes me to Shoe Carnival, and I get a pair of Madden heels, they were so freakin' cute. I also get a pair of Tommy Hilfiger flip-flops.

By the time we were done shopping it's already going on two o'clock. My stomach starts rumbling. We met up at Dave and Busters with Mr. Shaw and Hayden.

I look over the menu and thought my goodness this is crazy. Maybe I will just get an appetizer. I think the Shaws notice me looking it over and Mr. Shaw grunts, "Star you can pick whatever you like, don't worry about the prices alright."

I shake my head yes, but inside I still think this is crazy priced. I end up ordering a chicken finger basket with fries. While we waits on our food the Shaw's tell us to go play a few of the games and they will let us know when the food gets there. Mr. Shaw hands us a player's card.

I get up from the table and look around at everyone else playing. It's just so over whelming. I feel someone bump into my arm.

"Don't tell me, you never played a game." Hayden frowns, while pushing his hair away from his eyes.

"Honestly, nope- never." I know I probably look totally lost, well because I am.

"Come on, I will show you how it works." He walks away and towards a game that says something about Fruit Ninja. "So you swipe the card and it takes off the money from there. Look I'll do a two player game and you can play with me. You see all you have to do is swipe at the screen to cut fruit in half and if you hit a bomb points are taken away." He does the first round to show me and then I play, of course in the end he wins.

"Come on I want you to see this game." He gestures with a wave of his arm. Today he has on short sleeves and I see the scar down his left arm, but I quickly lookel away so he wouldn't notice me looking at it.

"Really, you want to shoot Zombies" I smile, dear Lord what is the world coming too...Zombies really!!

"Yes, here is your gun all you have to do is aim and shoot ok." He smiles and swipes the card.

We play and he actually gets me to laugh even though I lost. We play three more games until Mr. Shaw motions for us to come to the table.

The food is pretty good, but I think I had more fun playing the games with Hayden. When we're all done eating Mrs. Shaw asks if we were up to a game of Bowling. Which was cool because it was glow it the dark.

I guess since I never been to an Arcade, Hayden already knew that I also never been bowling. He was already going over the rules before we even pick out the shoes. We pick out a lane and sit down. I watch as they all start taking off their shoes and putting on the really ugly used ones. I follow along taking my own shoes off and then putting on the ugly shoes. Then they all go and pick out a ball, so I do too. I watch as Mr. Shaw rolls the ball to the other end of the lane, knocking down several pins and then Mrs. Shaw goes.

Hayden asks if I wanted to go but I tell him to go ahead and then it is my turn. Of course the ball goes right into the gutter.

The second time, Hayden coaches me along, but again the ball goes into the gutter. By the time the game is over, Mr. Shaw is in first place, then Hayden, Mrs. Shaw and I are dead last, go figure. I have one more turn and that is when I actually knock over five pins, whoopee I done it.

Afterwards we go to the IMAX and watchel a movie in 3D, this is freaking awesome even though it is a Documentary on the Space Station. I have never seen a movie in 3D, so this was like totally cool. I keep trying to reach out in front of me to touch the stars, of course that made me feel a little embarrassing, but no one is really laughing and Hayden seems quiet amused about it.

By the time we get back home, I am super tired and just want to go to bed. Well I thought I was tired, really I just need to be alone because today was over stimulating and my mind and body was just exhausted.

While I thought everyone was sound asleep, I open up the bedroom window and go out to sit on the roof. I lay down with my back against the roof and look up towards the starry night. I hear a faint creaking sound from a window and then footsteps coming closer to me. I don't say anything when he sits down beside me and lays back watching the stars with me, quiet as can be.

_________________________________________________________

So just wondering how you are like the story so far. Any thoughts about the Shaw family or Hayden? Please make comments and votes are always welcomed.  Thanks for reading!