Chapter 19: Chain Reaction

"COMMANDER!" As soon as everyone returned to their posts, Yoonji's angered voice boomed down the corridor, immediately gaining her commander's attention

"COMMANDER!" As soon as everyone returned to their posts, Yoonji's angered voice boomed down the corridor, immediately gaining her commander's attention. The ride back to base was more than infuriating for her (and annoying for Haejung) and that was because of one reason; the command to withdraw. The seven 'gifted' were told to return back to the trucks were they were sent back without any information about why they were called back. Haejung knew the one thing Yoonji hated was being left behind or left out of the big picture.

"Yoonji." He simply replied, not giving much attention to her as he returned his weapons to their rightful positions.

"Why did we fall back? If you had just given Haejung and the others some time we would have taken them." Frustrated beyond relief, Yoonji did not care about disrespecting her senior at this moment because she needed some answers.

The Min twins were replicas of each other, their attitudes and behaviours were exactly the same. Imagine having them in the same room together. They both had their own respect for a senior if they earned it or proved it to them but if not they would push their boundaries. But the commander of this mission had a deeper connection with Yoonji then ordinary appointed mission leaders. He understood Yoonji's intentions as he studied her as she grew up, he knew what makes her tick. So it didn't surprise him when she came to him after they were instructed to withdraw.

Sighing, her commander locked the metal cupboard and turned around to face the black haired female."Yes, Yoonji. All in good time. We will take them in good time."

This caused her to pull the elastic band out from her hair roughly before messing it up in a frustrated manner. "Then what was the point of going in the first place?" She trailed behind him as he made his way through the corridor, dodging multiple doctors and trainees along the way.

"There is always a reason to everything we do here, Yoonji. You of all people should know that." A crooked smiled making its way into the older man's face he paused in front of a metal door and gestured for Yoonji to step in.

Eyeing the handle with uncertainty, her gaze turned back to the male before tilting her head sideways. She only received a shrug in reply before he gestured for her to open the door again.

Yoonji knew where this door led. It led to the holding room or interrogation room but what was waiting for her inside, that she didn't know.

She hovered her hand over the handle of the door and grasped it with curiosity before opening the door slowly. She peered around the door, expecting to see a table but all that was inside was a figure, strapped to a chair in the middle of the room.

"Who~." She opened her mouth to ask her commander but as soon as the figure was in full view she froze in shock, mouth dropping open in the process but it soon returned to her mutual emotionless one. "Hoseok." After hearing his name, the orange haired male slowly looked up from the floor, his facial expression showing nothing but exhaustion. He recognised her voice immediately, his name being said by a deep, corse feminine voice. Yoonji didn't change a bit.