Chapter 18: Past Greetings

"Commander, may I please see the list of profiles that were sent in yesterday?" The female politely spoke from behind the taller figure

"Commander, may I please see the list of profiles that were sent in yesterday?" The female politely spoke from behind the taller figure. Her pink bangs swaying from side to side whilst she hummed to herself.

"Haejung!" The commander turned around and shot the smaller girl a grin before ruffling her hair. "And why would you need those?"

"Because." She simply replied, not really wanting her commander and instructor finding out the real reason why.

"Because?" He repeated before raising an eyebrow. He glared at her playfully but Haejung, for once, did not play along. She usually had a cute persona at all times or some call her inner child. Skipping around and smiling at all times but it was all just an act. If you knew her well you would know that it was just a character she had made up in her head. But it began as a way for her to get what she wanted but soon turned into something more, it was like she was addicted to the fake persona she had created for herself. It just made it easier for her to get what she wanted and gain trust by acting innocent. "What are you up too? Where is your friend?"

"Please." She forced a pout, her left eye twitching slightly but it went unnoticed by her instructor. Completely ignoring his previous questions.

"I'm sorry Hae but I can't, this information is classified. Only for five stars ranked agents only." He chuckled at her cute behaviour and walked off down the hallway, leaving Haejung by herself.

"Geez, that guy is gullible." She muttered, her face immediately switching back to her regular blank facial expression. Haejung took one last glance down the hallway in an unimpressed manner, her eyes glancing around to check for her instructor. Once she knew the coast was clear she discreetly slipping through the door which led to his office. "Teach you to say no to Haejung." She saltily remarked, her eyes widening upon eyeing the large pile of files stacked on his desk. Jaw dropping in disbelief her shoulders slumped, knowing very well she would be here sorting through those files in order to find the ones she wanted for a while.

And here she thought she would just quickly slip in and leave, that was not the case.

She began sifting through the files, her eyes flying pass file by file as she searched for the one file just to confirm her suspicions.

"Most harmless, captured......dead......most wanted, YE~."

"Ms Haejung what are you doing in the commander's office?" A woman inquired, the door now wide open and showing all passers her victory pose.

"Umm." She smiled nervously before clutching the files to her chest. "Instructor Suk told me to grab some files for him." She made up quickly, not really caring about whether or not it made sense or not.

"Okay hurry then, you are meant to be in your dorms." She opened the office door wider, welcoming the bright corridor lights into the dark office. Haejung squinted her eyes slightly, her grip tightening around on the folder before robotically walking out of the office.